Earth inching towards or away from sun?

The moon is drifting away slowly. What about the Earth from our sun -- or towards?

If the Earth drifts from the sun a good distance, I'm thinking it can potentially avoid the fate of an enlarged sun down the road.

it seems difficult to me. moon is moving away because the high tides created by moon push moon ( as earth rotate faster than revolution of moon ).

i have seen video on this " mysteries of moon ". if you want i can provide the link.

Same physics. Same result. It's only a matter of degree, i.e. how much tidal coupling there is and how quickly angular momentum is transferred, and in which direction.

i still did not got it . i mentioned that moon is moving away due to tidel wave (that is only one reason)

how does that explaine "same result" with the sun ............

The moon is drifting away slowly. What about the Earth from our sun -- or towards?

There are a lot of factors that have an effect on the Earth's orbit, so there is actually more than one answer to that question. For instance, during the period of 1800-2050 AD, the Earth's orbits on average increases in size. However, during the period of 3000 BC- 3000AD, it on average decreases in size

If the Earth drifts from the sun a good distance, I'm thinking it can potentially avoid the fate of an enlarged sun down the road.

On this time scale, a contributing factor is that the Sun loses mass as it ages, which would tend to increase the size of the Earth's orbit.

really , i did not knew about them , can you provide some link , for more information.........

plzz

There are a few links, but this one has the math right into the first page: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1968SoPh....3..598T

Tidal Forces are the product of gravity. The moon has a STRONGER effect on the Earth because it's a lot closer, but there's absolutely an effect from the sun - as well as form the other planets. It's just a lot smaller.