The GOP's Misplaced Rage

bascule

Certainly deflates the sails of the teabaggers. He also discusses the importance of healthcare reform in curbing federal spending:

What do you think?

True, if you increase spending by debt financing and direct and indirect inflation a lower percentage of your total expenditure will rely on taxation income. I don't think this makes things any better "fiscally conservatively" and in many ways(like current Fed policy prolonging the current business cycle), introduces many other harmful distortionary effects on the economy.

I do agree that Bush is to blame with a lot of this, along with Clinton and all the other clowns that have occupied the White House for decades. This doesn't give Obama a licience to try and emulate Bush on Steroids to try and induce some sort of mythical Keynesian "flash in the pan."

Western economies have unfortunately been consuming thier capital attempting this idiocy for decades now, I can only hope they one day stop.

It's also a shame that "conservatives" only protest when a Democrat is wasting money at will, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Mkay, so you've backed off your unsupported assertions that the media is now owned by conservatives and that ELF is comparable to Rush Limbaugh et al. Good for you.

I think we're talking past each other. This conversation is no longer productive.

You're certainly welcome to believe that the right has a significant advantage over the left in distributing its message through the mass media.

Again, you appear to missing the central point. This isn't about ability administer message. It's about audience size and receptivity to message, which is especially troubling when one takes a few nanoseconds to evaluate the tone and nature of those messages which are coming out of these groups which have secured such enormous viewership.

No, I actually responded directly on point to bascule, who was indeed talking about distribution and outlet bias.

Nobody is saying that "the left" does not have access to administer their message through tv, radio, or internet

I didn't say that anybody said that they had no access.

And, btw... A nickel's worth of free advise...

For someone constantly harping on about negativity in messaging and how unproductive it is no matter which side does it, you should look in the mirror once in a while, practice what you preach, and realize that you make people want to punch you in the throat and stab you in the eye when you begin your posts like this:

First of all, when I respond politely to another poster, on a subject they have raised, politely rejecting their effort to misdirect people and change the subject again, that is not an insult or a digression on my part, and if it makes them want to "punch me in the throat" and "stab me in the eye" then I think that says much more about them than it does about me. One thing is for sure: I've never wanted to physically harm a member of this forum in retribution for something they simply posted. Wow.

Second, you might want to take a quick look in the mirror yourself, Mr. Pot. I return your wooden nickel with interest: When you stop treating the SFN Politics subforum membership like it's an uneducated right-wing social voter by insulting dissenters and steering threads, you'll probably find these on-subject digressions less personally frustrating.

But hey, thanks for the threat of physical violence. If nothing else it's a nice change of pace.

Edited by Pangloss

I never threatened you, Pangloss. Please, read again, and this time more closely.

I think we're talking past each other. This conversation is no longer productive.

Sigh. Unfortunately, all indicators are that you are correct.

Edited by iNow

• 4 weeks later...

I hadn't gotten to it due to work, but I wanted to throw Pangloss a bone here. If you're still interested... :)

Now, it's possible that conservatism among the military was responsible for having called the shots behind the oval curtain, but the way I see it Dems and/or liberals had no excuse.

(In fact, I really don't like using conservative to describe what's been plaguing the Republican Party or its twisted version of what Real Conservatives are.

The same with True Liberals. The Democratic Party is not remotely close to my view of liberal values. Albert Einstein was far more of a good example, for a quick reference. But all things considered, when I envision a level-headed, kind, helping-those-in-need and standing firm vs opposition kind of ideological person, I see both a liberal and conservative. The true and real versions)

Now, here's things Dems were responsible for...

Japanese Internments.

The Nuking of Japan.