Could creativity just be a collective jumbled mesh of past experiences?

I was thinking on how creativity could be implemented into a machine, wich led me to ponder, is creativity just a collective amount of past experiences that can relate to what is wanted to be created? Is there any experiments or discoveries similiar to this? what do you guys think?

I'm thinking of how does consciousness work at all? Is it like the nerves in our brain are like a bunch of transistors or something? I have no idea!

How consciousness works I cannot say, but the basic working of neurons is as followed. Electrical impulses travel along the axon, the speed of this impulse is impart determined by the amount of myelin, until they reach the the axon terminal here those impulses are converted into a release of certain neurotransmitters into the synaptic gap. These neurotransmitters then travel through the synaptic gap to the receptor on a dendrite, thus causing another impulse.

I was thinking on how creativity could be implemented into a machine, wich led me to ponder, is creativity just a collective amount of past experiences that can relate to what is wanted to be created? Is there any experiments or discoveries similiar to this? what do you guys think?

The "collective amount of past experiences" is probably better called "memory". Personally*, I think that creativity is (at least often is) a matter of linking two concepts that might not otherwise "go together". To me, the things that make me think "wow, that's creative" tend to be things that combine two or more really different ideas.

Could you program a computer to randomly associate disparate concepts? Sure. However, to be perceived as really "creative", you'd probably need something that separated the better ideas from the random babble (e.g., keeping the "strawberry kiwi" and tossing the "perch cobbler")

*By "personally" I mean that, no, I don't have a citation for this... ;) As a patent attorney, I have occasion to think about this stuff from time to time.

Could you program a computer to randomly associate disparate concepts? Sure. However, to be perceived as really "creative", you'd probably need something that separated the better ideas from the random babble (e.g., keeping the "strawberry kiwi" and tossing the "perch cobbler")

You say that but I think most new ideas, would get thrown out by a computer that had the function to separate them due to them generally being unfeasible, I mean look at the internet no one would believe how big that would be or even things like mobile phones I mean it would seem people could live without them now.

Something creative also has to come at the right time such is the case with music, too early and everyone will think its weird, too late and well it isn't very creative then.

What is cognitive ability for that matter? I'm sure it's directly linked to creativity.

Until a conjecture is proven it is only a proof. Not a hypothesis.

_____

edit: it's interesting the "admin banned my ip" but i bet they didn't know i have like 25 proxies i can use

edit: it's interesting the "admin banned my ip" but i bet they didn't know i have like 25 proxies i can use

It's interesting you're capable of making an account with the same name as an existing users and have "like" 25 proxies you can use, but you weren't smart enough to duplicate iNow's avatar.

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.