Science Fair Homopolar Engine Variable

Sico Music

Hello,

I decided that i would do something involving the homo polar engine for my science fair project. I have been trying to think of a variable i can change for it but all the ones i have come up with just wont work. Some of them are:

•Battery size (wont work it only works on 1.5v batteries as i read somewhere)

•Types of batteries (would be to expensive to test 7 times on each battery)

•Do the 5 speed homo polar engine and record the amount of revolutions it does a minute.

I have had others but have forgotten them. Ive ran out of ideas, so Ive turned to the brains of this science forum. Please if someone has a good variable that i can test well, graph and doesn't involve buying A LOT of batteries it would be brilliant if you could tell me.

BTW i live in Australia just in case someone was going to mention something that can only be done in America.

For a motor as simple as that, I bet it could work on different battery types. But what level/grade science fair is this? You'll want to explore something more than just "more powerful batteries make it run faster!"

Perhaps you could hook it up to something...

You could vary the type/strength of magnet, or effects of different metals (same shape & size) placed in between the magnet and the battery (or maybe under the battery) to see if that varies the strength of the field sampled by the wires.

I decided that im going to give up on the homo polar engine just because i just cant think of a good variable and im just going to do a levitating block. Its abit basic but i just cant think of anything else.