Gravity and Time and Motion Question

ParanoiA

So, I was watching "Cosmic Holes" last night, and while discussing the nature of time and gravity, they talked about how clocks on earth run slower than clocks higher in the atmosphere - explaining how a gravitational field effects time.

One scientist referred to the occupants in a rocket blasting through the atmosphere into space as "going into the future, faster" than those of us on the ground.

So, my question is, if this was more exaggerated, to the point we could actually notice with the unaided eye...wouldn't they appear to be moving at a faster rate? Would those of us on the ground perceive them as moving even faster? Or slower? Or nothing at all?

I could see it both ways. I could see it being slower, since we interpret their motion from OUR position on the ground, subject to a slower clock. But I could also see it being faster...I'm not sure why I think that.

So, my question is, if this was more exaggerated, to the point we could actually notice with the unaided eye...wouldn't they appear to be moving at a faster rate? Would those of us on the ground perceive them as moving even faster? Or slower? Or nothing at all?

We would see the events as occurring faster.