Why gravity is all attraction toward earth?

jsaldea12

Without seeing, there is no tide though there is tide. Yes, it is salt ions that made salty sea water conductor of electro-magnetism. Can we feel gravity, not unless one makes conscious effort to feel it. Thus electro-magnetism generated by rotating locked gravitational fields, AT GRAVITATIONAL VIBRATING LEVEL, cannot be felt too. But the gargantuan size of earth and moon, their combined electro-magnetism, (like rolled strands of strings makes strong), is strong to raise tide on earth. Though weak as far as human being is concerned because only such size (human being) is covered.

Newton called gravity “attraction”, thus, I call it, too, “attraction gravity of Newton, to distinguish from spacetime gravity of Dr. Einstein.

The raising of tide cannot be explained by Dr. Einstein theories. The references cited do not mention of Einstein, it is attraction. Please clarify how..

…Because I know, too, the gravity concept of Einstein…is hardest to understand. but I think I know..

Regards.

Jsaldea12

Without seeing, there is no tide though there is tide. Yes, it is salt ions that made salty sea water conductor of electro-magnetism. Can we feel gravity, not unless one makes conscious effort to feel it.

I can see how you think you can't see tides if you're not looking (though it's COMPLETELY irrelevant.. you can't see magnetism either and it obviously exists, as do many other concepts).

But Gravity? Dude.. you feel it all the time, you just got USED to it. Ask astronauts in orbit how painful it is to try and sleep the first night. Because of the lack of gravity, the spine is no longer compressed - the spine stretches, the muscles do too, and it's quite uncomfortable.

You feel gravity ALL THE TIME, from simple actions like (oh) walking, to more subtle things like your compressed spine.

Be serious, really.

Thus electro-magnetism generated by rotating locked gravitational fields, AT GRAVITATIONAL VIBRATING LEVEL, cannot be felt too.

First off, the "Thus" does not fit here, because your initial premise is nonsense.

Second, what, in all that is physics in this world, is the "Vibrating Level" ?

Seriously, jsaldea12, if you want to participate in an actual debate, you will need to CONDUCT an actual debate.

You're just throwing up terms that make no sense, do not exist, and are unsupported by anything, and then say "Thus -- conclusion!" .. how is that even remotely science? How is that even remotely LOGICAL?

It's not.

Newton called gravity “attraction”, thus, I call it, too, “attraction gravity of Newton, to distinguish from spacetime gravity of Dr. Einstein.

They're BOTH attractive.

The raising of tide cannot be explained by Dr. Einstein theories.

We showed you they can. You either didn't read, or don't care to read and learn. Either way, you're not making sense, nor are you putting up any sort of valid argument.

Quite frankly, your above sentence is equivalen to me saying "A banana isn't a fruit." as a statement. Yes it is, whether I want it or not. If I was shown proof that it is, then I can either keep my hands on my eyes and ears and stomp the ground because I reaally really reaallllyyyy want banana not to be a fruit, or accept that I was shown the evidence against my wrong statement,and revise my theory to actually fit reality.

Choose, my friend. Are you going to stomp the ground and fight reality, or do you actually want to do some actual physics?

The references cited do not mention of Einstein, it is attraction. Please clarify how..

Read swansont's remark. Stop ignoring what you don't like to hear. My 6 year old cousin stopped doing that a year ago, you should too.

…Because I know, too, the gravity concept of Einstein…is hardest to understand. but I think I know..

You think wrong. Either educate yourself or prove *us* wrong, but proving us wrong will not happen with babbling googligook. It will happen with math and evidence.

You have supplied absolute zero.

That is, to put it mildly, insufficient.

If you want to be taken seriously, I suggest you start taking yourself seriously.

~moo

The raising of tide cannot be explained by Dr. Einstein theories.

You are making an outlandish claim. Simply repeating an outlandish claim over and over does not make it true. You need to prove this claim with math. Prove this claim and you will win major acclamations as this will falsify general relativity.

Good luck with that, as general relativity is completely consistent with tidal gravitational effects.

I made aposting but it is not there anymore. I don't know why. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me or my computer has weak memory but I made posting. Do you knowe in someway why my posting disappear/

jsaldea12

I made aposting but it is not there anymore. I don't know why. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me or my computer has weak memory but I made posting. Do you knowe in someway why my posting disappear/

jsaldea12

There are no deleted posts in this thread. Please answer the questions put to you by the membership.

The raising of tide cannot be explained by Dr. Einstein theories. The references cited do not mention of Einstein, it is attraction. Please clarify how..

Because, as I said, GR reduces to Newtonian gravity (as it must) for weak gravity cases, and Newtonian gravity explains the tides quite nicely.

Please post: Evidence is very clear: the raising of tide on earth happens only whenever the moon is overhead and/or when the sun, jointly, is/are overhead. But when the sun alone is overhead, the tide is raised half as much as when the raising of tide by the moon alone. The sun is 93 million miles away while the moon is 240,000 miles away from earth. Because of the nearness of the moon, it raises the tide as follows: the positive and negative property of the moon (please refer to details in the article) is ATTRACTED and aligned locked with the negative and positive property of earth. through the locked gravitational fields of both.. because of the salty sea water which is conducive to electro-magnetism, the salty ocean is pulled/raised/attraction, THERE IS FORCE. as the moon rolls in the gradient around earth but the created gradient is the spacetime gravity of Dr. Einstein, no force involved, cannot raise tide .on earth.

Regards.

Jsaldea12

Please post: Evidence is very clear: the raising of tide on earth happens only whenever the moon is overhead and/or when the sun, jointly, is/are overhead. But when the sun alone is overhead, the tide is raised half as much as when the raising of tide by the moon alone. The sun is 93 million miles away while the moon is 240,000 miles away from earth. Because of the nearness of the moon, it raises the tide as follows: the positive and negative property of the moon (please refer to details in the article) is ATTRACTED and aligned locked with the negative and positive property of earth. through the locked gravitational fields of both.. because of the salty sea water which is conducive to electro-magnetism, the salty ocean is pulled/raised/attraction, THERE IS FORCE. as the moon rolls in the gradient around earth but the created gradient is the spacetime gravity of Dr. Einstein, no force involved, cannot raise tide .on earth.

That's not evidence, it's a REPETITIVE STATEMENT.

Evidence will include analysis of observation and mathematical data.

You are consistently ignoring us, reposting your statement as if that will make you right, and then have the guts to claim we ignore your posts (or delete them).

Be serious. Be scientific. We're not a free-for-all fantasy site, we're a science forum. We're being very patient and cooperative here, but we won't keep debating you for long if you refuse to cooperate back. At some point we'll just declare this a collosal waste of time and end up *REALLY* ignoring your repetitions.

~moo

Please post: Evidence is very clear: the raising of tide on earth happens only whenever the moon is overhead and/or when the sun, jointly, is/are overhead. ... [rest of utter nonsense elided]

Evidence is very clear that there are 30+ frequency components to the ocean tides whose periods range from a bit over three hours to about a year. The two dominant frequencies are the lunar and solar semi-diurnal tides, with periods of 12.4206012 and 12 hours. At a minimum, your model must explain the semi-diurnal tides. Evidence is very clear that the semi-diurnal tides are raised twice a day.

On average, the semi-diurnal lunar tide (the principal lunar semi-diurnal, or M2) occurs in advance of the Moon being directly overhead (or directly underfoot). The detailed picture is quite different.

M2_tidal_constituent.jpg

(JPEG image source: http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/stories/topex/)

In this image, the different colors represent the magnitudes of the M2 tidal component at various locations. The white curves that emanate from the nodes called amphidromic points represent curves of constant phase, separated by one hour.

Your theory must explain at a minimum how the principal components of the tides rise not once but twice per day. It must explain why the solar tides are roughly half as high as the lunar tides. It must explain why there are 30+ frequency components to the tides.

And it must do it with math, not a hand wave.

Good luck with that.

The illustration of Dr. Einstein gravity is about the trampoline wherein an object drops therein will cause a dip in the trampoline, the heavier the object dropped therein will create a deeper dip. But, may be this is not the original illustration of Einstein...because in later year Dr. Einstein was made to comment on his relativity. Dr. Einstein responded:"I cannot anymore recognize my relativity because many persons have dip their hands on it.

jsaldea12

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I must confess, it will take me time to know math. But computation of the rising of tide would depend on the complex positions of the three moving bodies: sun, earth, moon. throughout the year. Earth rotates 24 hours, the moon orbits every 27 days, and earth orbit 365 days. In each of the 365 days, the position of the moon varies in relation to earth and the sun. Because the moon orbit earth faster than earth orbit the sun, there are times when the tide created by the sun is caught up by the tide created by the moon, thus time interval of tide varies.. Times when moon and sun cover one another (eclipse),, there is also the tilting of earth to consider, the season, etc.

But one thing is sure, whenever the moon and the sun, each, or both are overhead, there is tide. Regards.

Jsaldea12

But one thing is sure, whenever the moon and the sun, each, or both are overhead, there is tide. Regards.

Wrong! Google the term "lunitidal interval". Why would oceanographers have come up with a term to describe the lag between the time of the Moon's culmination and the time of the next high tide if high tides always occurred at the culmination? The same goes for the Sun.

Look at the image in post #34 for places where there are short distances between successive intersections of those white cotidal lines and the coast. Southern Argentina, the Sea of Okhotsk, Hudson's Bay, and eastern England all have tides whose timing varies drastically from place to place.

Edited by D H

There have been some nice scientific contributions in this thread. Sadly, none by the original poster. Repeated assertion is not a discussion. If at some future the the poster has some evidence to back up his assertions, PM a staff member and the thread can be re-opened