About Windows Compability.....

albertlee

I have currently an old game from Windows 95, I bought it about 6 years ago, and it was used in Windows 95......

but now, I have Windows Xp Home, and although I can install the game, but every time I open the game, it loads a scene about the game and after that it flashes and disappears in the screen...... to the desktop....

I also have tried to turn the software running under Windows 95 by right clicking the software's icon-> compability....but that still not help!

Is it a problem on the setting of "display" in control panel? or DirectX? because this is the problem on most of most of my games occuring in Windows 95 6 years ago....

Any help?

Albert

My brother's game: Lego Creator had the same problem.

Then I downloaded some update from the Lego website, and it works now.

Have you consulted with any FAQ, or check for updates from Armor Command's website to fix this?

remember, on those old computers, there was a Turbo button. when pressed, it slowed down the system and that allowed the game(mostly) to play.

it may still be the same issue. the current system is way too fast for that old game to play.

Right click on the icon for excuting the game and hit properties, then go to the top of the top and click on the tab that says "compatibility" and choose your own compatibility for the game, for old DOS games such as ULTIMA etc... use win 95

As for the turbo, you get frame limiters these days.........ever tried playing the original GTA with the limiter off;)

To NSX, sorry, I think my game is old enough that even on its website, they dont even show it any more, no solution to update........ :D

here is the site http://www.ripcordgames.com

To admiral, where is the frame limiters(or turbo button)?

To Crash, I have tried your method before you said it, it is in the first message....

Again, where is the frame limiters?

Albert

I have gone to my BIOS, and it is AwardBIOS.....

secondly, I cant find frame limiters....

The main options in BIOS are Main, Display, Advanced, Security, Power, Boot, and Exit...

I went to Display, but there is only one option, which is Screen frequency.....

Any help from that?

aLBERT