Brain-vision functioning modus

kleinwolf

Suppose we define 2 vision modus, as a priori function of the brain :

modus A : both eyes are use together to count a moving point

modus C : every eye is used alternatively, very quickly (CT) , or A seeing at infinity (CI)

Then

a) if a point is in the region seen by only 1 eye, then S says 1 point, A says 1 point

b) if a point is in the region seen by 2 eyes, if focalised, A says 1, S says 2.

Is this possible that in split brain operation this could happen ? We could imagine a PNL program to change this, maybe in the corpus.

I imagined that A can learn from C modus, that is an object, let say a banknote is not seeable in both eye, that maybe there exist 2 worlds, that every eye give, and to be sure that this banknote exist, it could be better to ask to see it in the other eye, as a verification.

In fact, two philosophical vision can be taken : A admit that exterior datas are given to the brain through eyes, whereas C could say that the eye is just projecting inner datas from brain, like in a movie theater ?

Edited by kleinwolf

modus C : every eye is used alternatively, very quickly (CT) , or A seeing at infinity (CI)

Then

a) if a point is in the region seen by only 1 eye, then S says 1 point, A says 1 point

b) if a point is in the region seen by 2 eyes, if focalised, A says 1, S says 2.

Is this possible that in split brain operation this could happen ? We could imagine a PNL program to change this, maybe in the corpus.

I imagined that A can learn from C modus, that is an object, let say a banknote is not seeable in both eye, that maybe there exist 2 worlds, that every eye give, and to be sure that this banknote exist, it could be better to ask to see it in the other eye, as a verification.

In fact, two philosophical vision can be taken : A admit that exterior datas are given to the brain through eyes, whereas C could say that the eye is just projecting inner datas from brain, like in a movie theater ?

I'm not following your question: perhaps you could rephrase? In particular, what do you mean by the A and C "modus", and what are the S and A referring to?

In terms of split brain experiments, note that input from each eye goes to each hemisphere. The left half of the visual field from both eyes goes to the right hemisphere, while the right half of the visual field from both eyes goes to the left hemisphere.

Then

no reference for this

(Fist makes pleasure)

Syntax error?

More like Syntax failure :rolleyes:

I think kleinwolf is trying to propose a model of visual perception, but I suspect we have a babelfish problem here (incoherent translation).

In any event, the functioning of the visual system turns out to be pretty complex and non-intuitive. See, e.g., J. Repérant et al., Brain Res Rev (2007) 53:161-97 "The evolution of the centrifugal visual system of vertebrates. A cladistic analysis and new hypothesis", which describes a network of efferent nerves that run to the retina...

Right, this is not my native language.

Do you have any reference to the effect of split-brain on the vision ? Do those patient really get 2 independent "screens" on the outer world ?

Since each brain hemisphere receives half of the input from each eye (e.g., the right brain hemisphere receives the left half of each eye's input), you first need special glasses (or a complicated experimental setup) to prevent both hemispheres from seeing the same thing.

The other problem is that it is difficult to talk to the "right" brain, as it typically does not appear to be in control of language or speech. Bottom line, I do not know of any research that would answer your question. :embarass:

I am still in the dark what the question is, however an experimental setup is generally not that complicated as each hemisphere gets the info from the same field of vision. That is, the right field of vision is controlled by the right hemisphere and vice versa. And one does not really need to use spoken language for these tests. It is possible, for instance to have the patient write things down or point things out. The interesting bit is that they can only do so with the same hemisphere that detects it. In other words, everything seen within the left field of vision can only be described/pointed out/etc. with the left hand/foot as both are controlled by the right hemisphere. The patient does not perceive it as two inputs, though.

• 1 month later...