Transhumanism fact or internet rumor?

Does the idea of transhumanism seem likely or total interent propaganda?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does the idea of transhumanism seem likely or total interent propaganda?

• Yes Way!
    • Not Really!
    • Sadly Undecided!

I am currently reasurching the topic of transhumnaism which is the idea that we can alter the human race for the better using technologies and science. Its basically the idea that someday we will be an intelligent desiese free nation of walking talking cyborgs! :D

So i would love to hear your thoughts and any information you have concerning cyborgs and/or transhumanism!

Not quite sure what it is yet? check out it out for yourself on the transhumanism home page! Thats right! They have their very own web page! Or just check out the wikipedia low down on this situation!

The question in your poll isn't a yes/no one, however you have yes/no answers.

And by the simplest definitions of transhumanism, they already exist. My glasses correct my vision to better than what your average human can see naturally. I'm a cyborg!

Another point worth considering is that we've already made substantial progress in robotics and neural interface of computers. Not nearly enough, but it's a very active field.

Surely "transhumanism" is just a matter or time. Isn't it like asking if the future progression of stem-cell research is "an internet rumour"? ;)

I'd say we're already there with things like glasses, hearing aids, artificial limbs, artificial hearts, etc.

It's just a question of how far things will go at this point.