Pd?

ChemSiddiqui

I brokes my glasses recently and I want to buy a new pair. I have the prescription and everything...everything except the PD which I believe the optician didn't mention in my prescription maybe because he thought I might buy specs from him. Ha, but I got them made anyway as the standard PD is 63mm something, but now that i broke the glasses I want to get my exact PD?

I was wondering if you can get it from an optician without having to take the eye test and can we get it for free. Anyone have had similar experience? I live in the Uk so will be interested to hear from usesr from there please.

thanks.

ChemSiddiqui.

I think the distance between the pupils is relatively easy to measure. The last time I had my eyes checked it wasn't the optician but the sales' assistant who measured it- that's probably why it's not on the prescription.

Any place that will sell prescription glasses should be able to measure it so, as long as you have the other prescription details, you shouldn't need another eye test.