Auto-linking issue

When the forums software puts URL tags around links, it fails to do a complete tag-wrap if the link ends in a parenthesis.

See the examples below.

BTW, speaking of the Marine Hymn, you guys noticed name of the US destroyer that rescued Captain Phillips, right? It's a masterful bit of irony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bainbridge_(DDG-96)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bainbridge

You'd have to file a bug with the vBulletin people. The trouble is that there'll also be people putting links in parentheses and having them put inside the URL if you do it the other way.

If you want to avoid the problem, you can write in the URL tags yourself. Unfortunately BBCode parsing is rather limited.

On a related note. My attachment folder is nearly full, and I don't want to delete the images that I have stored...yet, so I tried starting a thread last night, to share some pics from imageshack. However I couldn't get the links to work.

Initially I just used the code the images come with, for message boards, but I just got a small box appear, with no image when I previewed the post. I tried a few other alternatives (where I can't remember exactly, what I tried) but they failed as well e.g I got a link to the image, rather than the image itself.

What's the right method for imbedding pictures into a post, via a url that I'm missing...specifically for imageshack (if that makes a difference.) I did a quick scan of the FAQ's, the BB code list et.c so maybe I just missed something obvious...any ideas ?

Unfortunately, I'm getting over sized thumb nails, when I try to embed the images. I've tried uploading the pictures in different formats, size et.c, but they're still producing thumb nails when I try to stick them on SFN...what am I doing wrong ?

Unfortunately, I'm getting over sized thumb nails, when I try to embed the images. I've tried uploading the pictures in different formats, size et.c, but they're still producing thumb nails when I try to stick them on SFN...what am I doing wrong ?

Do one now, and let's examine how you coded it.