Biology paper- which prompt should I use?

Syntho-sis

Given four choices...

1. Discuss how advances in molecular biology and genetic engineering have permitted numerous technological advances.

2. Discuss how advances in the development of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) have affected growth rate and yield.

3. Discuss the importance of maintaining the rainforests as a natural resource and what it means to our environment.

4. Discuss why earth's climate is changing (the roles of man, naturally occurring trends, and earth's cycles are considered, and an outlook for what can be expected in the near and distant future is given).

Which would be the most interesting? I like them all.

It is really a personal choice, the first 2 would have more economics in them and are more lab based with a lot about molecular biology and genetics and how chemicals and proteins can be made to be overly expressed using genetically engineered organisms.

Also common techniques within molecular biology could be talked about such as PCR's use of thermophilic polymerases and the use of GFP.

The third could have some interesting examples of different chemicals that have been extracted from rainforest plants as well as being able to integrate unique organism that can be found there, as well as environmental science aspect.

The forth has a lot of easily available information and contrasting views that could be compared to each other as well as lots of available data that could be analysed, but you can also talk about how the data set is incomplete and some bits maybe inaccurate.

Given four choices...

1. Discuss how advances in molecular biology and genetic engineering have permitted numerous technological advances.

2. Discuss how advances in the development of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) have affected growth rate and yield.

3. Discuss the importance of maintaining the rainforests as a natural resource and what it means to our environment.

4. Discuss why earth's climate is changing (the roles of man, naturally occurring trends, and earth's cycles are considered, and an outlook for what can be expected in the near and distant future is given).

Which would be the most interesting? I like them all.

#4 would probably be the easiest. #1 is the one I would do, the easiest one to research. #2 I wouldn't even consider for a biology paper.

Why is 2 not biology? I would consider 4 not to be biology. And most likely quite complicated to sum up all the relevant factors.

No, I didn't mean that it wasn't biology. I just said it doesn't interest me enough to even consider it for a research paper.

Some of the factors that have an affect on climate, like volcanic eruptions and changes in the amount of solar energy, are natural. Others, like the addition of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, are caused by humans.