Duration on Stellar Pregnancy

Duration

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you instananeously beat your wife with a torque wrench?

That would be power you are speaking of, work/time. If I beat my wife with a torque wrench, work got done in a interval of time, that is power=work/time.

Torque is always balanced (you know, the whole equal and opposite thing). In order to have a force there must be an equal and opposite force. Distance divides that force.

Whoa whoa whoa, don't start bringing in math. Math has nothing to do with reality. All I'm seeing is a failure to answer a simple yes or no question. One word is all I'm looking for, here.

I am talking about reality. Motion occurs in a duration of time.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
/me applies a torque of 300N.m to Durations nipples for 10minutes.

ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :)

Sorry, I don't speak your brainwashed gibberish language. You're going to have to translate that into a "yes" or a "no."

No matter what time interval you look at, I never beat my wife the entire time. Go look at videos of past time periods, there is no record of me ever beating my wife.

There is however a record of the Earth being closer to the sun in the past.

No matter what time interval you look at, I never beat my wife the entire time. Go look at videos of past time periods, there is no record of me ever beating my wife.

There is however a record of the Earth being closer to the sun in the past.

THANK YOU. That's all I was looking for.

THANK YOU. That's all I was looking for.

So again, the Earth is traveling away from the sun. In the past, the Earth was inside the sun. If you want to say the Earth is still inside the sun, that's fine with me, as the sun is the solar system's core, the Earth just got further away from the sun's core.

It just got further away.

Edited by Duration

Now, hold on. We just had a major breakthrough, and I'm not ready to move on yet. You admitted that you still beat your wife, and we need to explore that.

So, how would you describe the state of your marriage?

Now, hold on. We just had a major breakthrough, and I'm not ready to move on yet. You admitted that you still beat your wife, and we need to explore that.

So, how would you describe the state of your marriage?

I never admitted to beating my wife, you assumed I started to beat her, and then asked a ridiculous question of when I stopped.

I never started! There was zero work done. None, nadda, zilch!

Procrastinate has a duration, beat the wife is a motion. Motion occurs over a duration. The duration occurred, but the beating did not.

Oh, come on, that doesn't rhyme at all!

There once was a man called Duration

And he loved mental masturbation

His claims about mass

were stupid and crass

and never account for rotation.

See, easy!

Oh, come on, that doesn't rhyme at all!

There once was a man called Duration

And he loved mental masturbation

His claims about mass

were stupid and crass

and never account for rotation.

See, easy!

That's Motor Daddy to you. ;)

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Of course if you measure torque in a two different reference frames you will measure a different RPM in both of them...

This statement bothers me.

What do you mean to measure a torque in two different reference frames? Please give a simple example, such as using a teeter totter.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Here's a possibility for a test of torque.

If the acceleration of gravity were to remain the same, and the Earth's mass were to remain the same, and the distance measured from a specific distance from the center of the Earth, if you hung a rock off the handle of a torque wrench, suspended in air, and the drive part of the wrench securely fastened to a immobile object, in a fashion that the torque wrench was roughly parallel to the ground, if the torque read 100 lb-ft, and seemingly stayed at 100 lb-ft, would the torque reading change as time marched on? Would the torque stay the same or get less?

Edited by Duration
Consecutive posts merged.

I need help from someone that believes in my theory, and is excellent with mathematics, and can show mathematically why this is the truth.

FAIL. Right here. RIGHT HERE. You use a theory to explain a set of data, not the other way around.

I don't know why you guys bother with him... This thread is so ridiculous I'm suffering from Poe's Law between this guy being a troll or just that bleeding thick.

FAIL. Right here. RIGHT HERE. You use a theory to explain a set of data, not the other way around.

I don't know why you guys bother with him... This thread is so ridiculous I'm suffering from Poe's Law between this guy being a troll or just that bleeding thick.

Whatever. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Call it what you want, I want to know if the Earth is going in or out of the Sun?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I like how Swansont noticed my idea was in compliance with the 2nd law, and I haven't seen him since.

We have witnessed planet formation in other solar systems; we have a pretty good idea that it's something like the accretion-disc model. Unless you can point to someplace where your thing-a-ma-jig is happening, it's not a model, nor a theory. It's barely even a conjecture. It's a random imaginative guess, and that, good sir, is not science -- it's stupid.

We have witnessed planet formation in other solar systems; we have a pretty good idea that it's something like the accretion-disc model. Unless you can point to someplace where your thing-a-ma-jig is happening, it's not a model, nor a theory. It's barely even a conjecture. It's a random imaginative guess, and that, good sir, is not science -- it's stupid.

Again, still no answer as to if we are further from the sun now than we used to be in the past.

Save you garbage, buddy, and answer the question.