Cicada Are Coming

NavajoEverclear

--- in North America anyway. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4638582/ --- check out that site. Anyway it says they come every 17 years, but i am 17 and i have seen two waves of cicada in my lifetime. One when i was young, was very bad. All over. Nasty nasty nasty. But we enjoyed crushing them. Again was two or three years ago, me and my friends organized a battle unit (system consisting of whacking a tree, running, swatting as many as possible of the bugs that fly off (with tennis rackets), checking each other for bugs while they resettle, then repeating) , since there were so many it was more fore summer amusement than a serious undertaking. We are looking forward to this years war. ----- anyway, why did they come twice? Obviously it could be a seperate generation of eggs that were maybe somehow deposited off schedule, nevertheless waiting the seventeen years. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!(insert invader zim voice here)

--- in North America anyway. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4638582/[/url'] --- check out that site. Anyway it says they come every 17 years, but i am 17 and i have seen two waves of cicada in my lifetime. One when i was young, was very bad. All over. Nasty nasty nasty. But we enjoyed crushing them. Again was two or three years ago, me and my friends organized a battle unit (system consisting of whacking a tree, running, swatting as many as possible of the bugs that fly off (with tennis rackets), checking each other for bugs while they resettle, then repeating) , since there were so many it was more fore summer amusement than a serious undertaking. We are looking forward to this years war. ----- anyway, why did they come twice? Obviously it could be a seperate generation of eggs that were maybe somehow deposited off schedule, nevertheless waiting the seventeen years. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!(insert invader zim voice here)

This year's group is Brood X, but as the numbering implies, there are many different broods. There are also 13-year cicadas. But brood X is the big one, and in full force in the mid-Atlantic. The chorus sounds like the phasers from the original Star Trek, and the mating call buzzing and clicking has started.

More info here

time to stock up on Methrin based products!
{edit} may I suggest DeltaMethrin and PhenoMethrin in particular. permethrin and tetramethrin will work too, but the others last longer :)

{edit edit} ok I hit quote instead of edit, it`s one of those days! :))