Sharing the same "now"

asprung

Gravity and acceleration are facts of life. Even though there is a continuum of "nows" that can be referred to as time passing, when objects including clocks are separted by being in different gravitational fields for any reason, time as it is measured in that frame will differ from time as it is measured in any other frame.

Still, all frames can be reconcilled to the "now".

I don't see the problem :confused:.

We all live in our own "now". But "now" is a place in space and time. The distance between 2 people is like a timedifference between 2 diffeent frames.

Since we all have about the same speed on planet earth we can use a regular clock for our daily things. After 20 years riding my bike my personal clock might be a littkle bit slower or faster then yours. Not a big deal.

But as we think we travel trough space we actually travel trough time. I think that distances are time differences. When people are close to eachother there is a small timedifference between them. A long ditance tell's you that there is a large timedifference.

And the velocity you have trough space time make's how long your second will last. For all there is one rule. 1sec allways needs 300.000km of spacetime to last.

The speed of light is the speed of time. We travel trough the universe with 1sec/300.000km.

We should put relativity upsite down.