How do you build a solar panel?

Mattolu

See post #2, and we can go from there...

Up front, I will let you know that it's a lot like contructing a computer chip... semiconductor manufacturing... the stuff like Intel and Samsung do... You take a substrate like silicone or glass, feed it into a machine, that machine does some really cool chemistry and physical processes moving it through several different chambes and compartments to add stuff and grow structures and scratch stuff out of the way and build little nanochannels and other stuff like that, then out the other end comes your solar panel... at which point you'd wire it up and make your connections.

I'd suggest googling or going to wiki for "crystalline silicone solar manufacturing" or "thin film solar manufacturing" and start from there. The question being asked in this thread really needs to be more specific... Like, "at this phase in the manufacturing process, why is it that the chemical vapor deposition process can only blah blah blah, yet at this other phase, the etch process blah blah blah...."

Simply saying "I want to know how to build a solar panel" is a bit like coming here and saying "teach me about quantum physics" or "explain to me cosmology." You'll need to put some more effort in yourself, and work with the community here at SFN to clear up those specific areas with which you're struggling.