Artificial Petrification

NavajoEverclear

I have this really cool big stick. It is spirally and staff like and neat. Me and my stick and my friends have been on many adventures, but the stick is growing old and gray, i fear it is weakening-- how can i strengthen it to preserve it? Do you know of any methods of artificial petrification? I also would like to replicate it and make others in it's likeness (of coarse not as sacred as the original, but respectful nonetheless in emulation), so how should i mold it? Thank you for all the help you will give me--- or you shall be smitten by the wrath of the staff.

Sodium silicate and water (with high concentration of minerals) with a touch of citric acid to get a gel like fluid, although this process is hard and takes time to get the right consistency. Id go for buying a bottle at your local hardware store, ask the person in the store for the gel, and make sure the contents are approx the same as the chemicals i stated above, he/she should have it in store or be able to order some for you.

Use tung oil, teak oil or linseed oil. These are most commonly used to strengthen and preserve bare wood and to improve its appearance. Teak oil will give it a little colour, tung oil will give it a bit of shine in time.

it might be an idea to treat it with a fungucide before any other treatment, that will stop much of any fungal or bacterial decay within the wood before you actualy "seal it"

the Oils are a good idea, but make the 1`st few coats very thin (not viscous) so that it can carry the oil deep into the wood (a turpentine oil mix to start with).

after letting several coat of that soak in, then apply your oils, an oil based wood resin is the best outside coating you can give it also. this will ALL take time, but the stick will outlive you afterwards :)