Amphetamine Action

5-HT

For eight months, I've been researching/collecting information on amphetamine. I'm able to describe "to a tee" how amphetamine's mechanism of action affect the brain upon consumption, and nearly everything else thereafter, but one detail I CANNOT find is amphetamine's "path" upon leaving the brain. Any help, please?

I don't personally know enough to say for sure, but does it actually have a "path" to "leave the brain?" Isn't it metabolized, broken into smaller pieces, then expelled? What have you learned in your research? What is the missing bit?

I typed 'amphetamine metabolism' in Google and this the second thing that popped up......

URINE EXCRETION RATE: Amphetamine is largely unaffected during metabolism. The entire dose is probably eliminated in the urine over a period of several days. About 30% is excreted unchanged in 24 hours in normal urine. In acidic urine, the amount excreted increases up to 74% and decreases to 1% in basic urine.

METABOLITES: Phenylacetone, benzoic acid, and hippuric acid less than 25%; 4-hydroxyamphetamine, 4-hydroxynorephedrine, and norephedrine less than 10%.

http://www.sdrl.com/druglist/amphetamine.html

Edited by DrDNA