the value per kg of PETE

the guy

can anyone tell me the price per kg of PETE plastic?

if it would be easier to put it in another measurement then feel free to do so.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

btw this plastic is also known as PET

probably better known that way

Oops, I read it as a question. Never mind, I bumped your thread for you.

Anyway, from here

http://www.bplans.com/plastics_recycling_business_plan/market_analysis_summary_fc.cfm

"The Company has chosen its target markets because recycled PET (RPET) is in high demand as flake resin by converters, as roll stock sheet used to produce high visibility packaging and as high strength strapping for the lumber industry. Sales are price-sensitive, so that proximity to markets and feed stock source provide a competitive edge. Replay Plastics identified an opportunity to take advantage of both circumstances in the western United States.

RPET Flake

Total market demand is reported as 1.2 billion pounds per year. Since only 800 million pounds are processed in the USA, consumers are forced to look at wide spec virgin PET (virgin resin that is outside of spec but still usable) which is normally sold at a discount to virgin prices, but still higher than recycled (RPET) pricing. Some manufacturers are also forced to import materials from Mexico, India and South America. Some converters are being forced to use more expensive virgin resin.

The current pricing for virgin resin is $0.65-0.73 per lb. and $0.42-.53 for RPET flake. The spread between the two has traditionally been maintained at approximately $0.20 per lb.

PET Film & Sheet

The total reported market of extruded film and sheet is 872 million pounds, of which identified industry usage of RPET is 160 million pounds.

The reported market demand (to replace virgin PS, PVC and PET) if RPET was available is estimated at 1 billion pounds.

Current pricing for RPET sheet is $0.70-0.79 per lb.

RPET Strapping

The total reported domestic plastic strapping market is 240 million pounds. Of this market, industry usage of virgin polypropylene is 132 million pounds and of PET is 108 million pounds.

It is generally accepted in the industry that less expensive strapping made from RPET could not only take over the polypropylene strapping market, but convert as much of the much larger and more expensive steel strapping market as RPET strapping was available.

Current pricing for RPET strapping is $0.90 -1.08 per lb."

Slightly more really really helpful I hope.