Naked singularities

Norman Albers

so, yes - you at least have to be in the same dimensionality as the system in which you're working - that's what I would assert. Since you're in 4-space, you should be in a 4-space basis set. Since, according to Cartan, Einstein (and NOT Minkowski, it appears), you should be in hyperbolics. Additionally, since the conformal projection of the null geodesic toward a "+H", if you will, or into conditional future in the light cone is path-dependent (for example, according to Weyl convention), then hyperbolic elliptical may offer the best "illumination", as Norman eloquently puts it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite complicated for me to understand the last post.

But another thing I do not understand is : sometimes it's said the singularity is a coordinate-singularity we used to describe space-time and not a singularity of space-time itself. Which then leads to the question to know if the singularity is real, what is reality in this context ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physics was parabolic and has become hyperbolic (hyper=a lot bolic=luck) whereas medicine is an elliptic science (ellipse=not saying=secret).

• 3 weeks later...

i did a quick look around for what happens to all that angular momentum from nuclear spin during black hole formation but i can't find anything (anything i can understand). do you know any overviews for newby's that include this?

I know that all such details get washed into a very few total quantities characterizing a gravitational collapse: mass, charge, angular momentum. The latter covers your particle spins and also the body dynamic rotations. Even though as a kid I "wanted to be a nuclear physicist", I don't yet know any condensed matter physics. I'm sure that there, spin combinations of hadrons are discussed.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I can no longer be part of this forum.