Recent forum changes

Have I been half asleep for the last few weeks, because I never noticed when scrolling down to the bottom of the threads, that there are now 'bookmarks' and 'similar threads'.

Are these new additions, or am I being incredibly non-observant.

The very instant the Admins decide to add new features, they tell the Mods, who, in turn, inform everyone about them. If you did not get the notice then there was simply a break in this protocol chain.

Now, what do you mean by 'bookmarks' and 'similar threads'?

False dichotomy.

What other scenarios are there ? Either they have been around for a while...or they havn't.

The very instant the Admins decide to add new features, they tell the Mods, who, in turn, inform everyone about them. If you did not get the notice then there was simply a break in this protocol chain.

Which is kinda why I was asking, I just couldn't see anything mentioned recently under announcements. Hence, maybe I was being a bit thick, and didn't notice them before. They're good additions, are they going to be permanent? Or has somebody been fiddling around with vb recently, and not mentioned it yet...just curious, that's all.

Edited by Snail
trivial question removed

What other scenarios are there ? Either they have been around for a while...or they havn't.

That's not what you said, though. You asked if they were new or if you were incredibly unobservant. I just thought I should point out that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

I turned them on yesterday.

Fine additions they are too...I thought the 'similar threads' idea in particular, was a master stroke.

I just thought I should point out that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Tsk, I thought you were too smart to be baited into a response.

The modus I knew/expected is asking Capn for some completely unnecessary change. Wait for Capn to say "I think I could do that". Wait for Capn to implement it. Wait for you to realize the change, and posting an announcement about it.

I didn't know someone told you about the change. I consider that cheating.

That's not what you said, though. You asked if they were new or if you were incredibly unobservant. I just thought I should point out that the two aren't mutually exclusive.
A mathematician visits a car dealer's shop (we are talking about the past or Toyota, of course). He looks inspects a few cars carefully and after a while, the shop owner approaches him. "Good day sir, did you find a car that suits you?". "Well, sure", the mathematician replies. "I'll take either the red one or the blue one ... but not both".

• 2 months later...

I'm 78. Am I too old for this group? I'm not a mathematicain or scientist. I have a blog and the objective of the blog is to get some of my eleven grandchildren interested in science and math. We have several projects that are ongoing. One is "our nested universe in a black hole" Lot's of fun ... lot's of questions.

I turned them on yesterday.

Let the w00tage commence.

Someone caught flak resurrecting an old thread. Maybe it's a result of "similar threads" popping up?

I've seen ones from 2003-2005, it's probably a good idea to adjust the software so those won't appear on the list. Then people can just use Search if they wanted to find older similar topics (before asking questions, to see if it's been addressed previously).

I'm 78. Am I too old for this group?

Of course not. Welcome aboard!