Naming these compounds?

24fan

Howdy,

I'm a 24 fan also, first episode was tonight. That's off topic though. Why don't you just put those formulas into google? That should work.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=SnSO4

First hit I tried gave me this site:

http://www.quia.com/jg/125193list.html

Which pretty much answers your questions. Also, try to learn why they are called these things. That will help you moving forward during those days when google is not around... You know, like when the teacher puts the test in front of you and your grade depends on it. ;)

Howdy,

I'm a 24 fan also, first episode was tonight. That's off topic though. Why don't you just put those formulas into google? That should work.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=SnSO4

First hit I tried gave me this site:

http://www.quia.com/jg/125193list.html

Which pretty much answers your questions. Also, try to learn why they are called these things. That will help you moving forward during those days when google is not around... You know, like when the teacher puts the test in front of you and your grade depends on it. ;)

Much appreciated. Yes, the 2 hour episode of the season was tonight :). It was great.

I'm looking forward to the second part tomorrow. :)

But, seriously. You'll want to learn this stuff. Take your time. Try breaking it down into pieces. For example, I can see in your list that PO4 and SO4 come up often. Make sure to memorize those, as you'll see them again. Then, it's just a matter of getting the other half correct. It will help to make sure you spend some time memorizing the periodic table, also. Just prepare yourself. You'll be in a world of hurt if you don't recall that Na equals sodium and Fe equals iron.

Enjoy.

Jack should've stabbed that dude in the eye with the pen before Tony had him shot, but at least the planes surfed past each other at JFK... :cool:

I'm looking forward to the second part tomorrow. :)

But, seriously. You'll want to learn this stuff. Take your time. Try breaking it down into pieces. For example, I can see in your list that PO4 and SO4 come up often. Make sure to memorize those, as you'll see them again. Then, it's just a matter of getting the other half correct. It will help to make sure you spend some time memorizing the periodic table, also. Just prepare yourself. You'll be in a world of hurt if you don't recall that Na equals sodium and Fe equals iron.

Enjoy.

Jack should've stabbed that dude in the eye with the pen before Tony had him shot, but at least the planes surfed past each other at JFK... :cool:

Thanks for the suggestions. I've pretty much got down all the metals and non metals on the PT...as well as everything else for that matter, it's mainly knowing how to find all the charges now...:confused:

P.S. I know, Jack should've gone through with it :P. I can't imagine the new season without CTU...it's going to be interesting.

1. SnSO4 - Tin Sulfate

2. Al(MnO4)3 - Aluminum permanganate

3. Pb(NO3)2 - Lead Nitrate

4. Mg3(PO4)2 - Magnesium Phosphate

5. CuH2PO4 - Copper Dihydrogen Phosphate

6. CaHPO4 - Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate

7. Fe(HCO3)3 - Iron Hydrogen Carbonate

8. Na2CO3 - Sodium Carbonate

9. MnSO4 - Manganese Sulfate

10. Al(OH)3 - Aluminum Hydroxide

mabsj2:

it is against our policy to answer homework questions with just plain and simple answers. We try to help people with their method rather than simply give them the answers. Please do not directly answer any questions which look like they are homework. Some assistance with the approach is always welcome, though if you can provide it clearly and helpfully.

Welcome to the board, btw :)