House Republicans step up White House investigatory powers

bascule

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1208/121708cdpm1.htm?rss=getoday

The ranking member of the bipartisan House Oversight Committee, Republican Darrell Issa, is moving to increase the GOP side of the panel's oversight power.

He wants the committee to be able to investigate ready to probe executive branch waste, fraud and abuse on their own even without bipartisan cooperation.

This seems like a good idea... I just wish Democrats would've thought of it.

What was this committee doing for the past 8 years while the Bush administration spied on innocent Americans, approved the torture of prisoners, and outed an undercover CIA operative?

This seems like a good idea... I just wish Democrats would've thought of it.

What was this committee doing for the past 8 years while the Bush administration spied on innocent Americans, approved the torture of prisoners, and outed an undercover CIA operative?

+1

Let's give as much power to the White House as possible when our guy is in there, and ignore his blatant unconstitutional actions. Now that we have this new kid facing unprecendented challenges and who has great ideas and global support, let's find ways to obstruct his progress. :doh:

Either lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

Well, it does seem like a good idea. And I would think the behavior of Bush would serve as an example of why it's needed. Certainly smells like a check created by the GOP in light of their guy vacating office rather than a responsible move. Surprise.