Where Can I Find H2SO4?

heating dilute sulphuric acid wont cause a gas problem untill it`s at at abot 98% conc, and no it wont catch fire ever. but at 98% it can easily set fire to other materials by the dehydration reaction.

adding the base to the acid was stupid! add the acid to the base and in small amounts at a time, wear eye and hand protection at all times when using conc sulphuric.

• 2 weeks later...

k... i looked at some msds for P2O5 (ok i look at MSDS alot) and it says that if you maix pure P2O5 in water, you get alot of phosphoric acid... its pretty weak but ive heard the reaction is damned hot -_-''

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, and I hope this thread isn’t dead, but I thought I’d contribute my 2 cents.

While browsing the plumbing section of the local hardware store I came across a bottle labeled “professional drain opener” the brand is Rooto. It feels heavy, indicating a high concentration, but I have yet to open it, and so I haven’t done any purity tests, but a google search revealed this brand is about 90% H2SO4 or 18M, just look for any bottles inside plastic bags in the plumbing section. It was $8.85 for 1 quart (.95 liters), if it’s anywhere near that expensive I’ll be surprised, since everything is overpriced here.

Now, if I could find a nitric acid source…..