Weird...

Lance

I was just messing with some light bulbs and a high frequency power supply and I created this weird effect...

The second bulb is more than an inch away from the first but with a very hot arc inside; if I left it there for long it would have melted the glass and burned my finger.

:eek:

There are not even any streamers between the bulbs... weird.No%20Contact...jpg

That is known as cornia or something effect...the gas in side the buld ionises and starts conducting with the glass and further electrons travel tru air to the other bulb!!!...(man u were lucky to be alive!!!). Its just that air starts to act as a wire!

That ought to do...any Q?

Naw I’m not lucky to be alive. The worst it can do is burn you because of its frequency. Although it can give you some VERY nasty burns.

The thing that’s weird is there’ are no streamers between the two bulbs. It’s like the current is higher in the smaller bulb than between them. I wouldn’t have been surprised if there were just streamers in the second bulb but that arc is hot!