[Quadratic Roots] Math Wizzes I Summon You!

CrazCo

I think that after 100+ posts, you probably know by now, we aren't just going to do your work for you. So, what work towards an answer have you done so far?

What does is mean for a quadratic equation to have two equal roots?

err bignose how did u get that maths expert note after your name?

His contributions at this site repeatedly demonstrated his skill, ability, and competence in the mathematics. As a result of this, the members of the SFN staff chose to place him in a special user group so he could help members more fully, and to assist with managing threads on this topic, such as moving them to other topic areas. It also provides users a quick way to tell "I can trust this answer a bit more" than some of the other tripe people will randomly post.

err bignose how did u get that maths expert note after your name?

der..... ya, me did. Me dumb. Me only gets that title 'cuz me likez the color green....

OK, enough silliness

What exactly do you want to want say here, Fortissimo? 1) The forum's policy is to not to homework for other people. Even more than that, it is my personal policy not to do someone else's homework for them. So, I asked waht work CrazCo had done to try to solve the problem on his own. When I was tutoring and when I was a teaching assistant, I never helped a student who had done nothing at all. They always had to show me that they put some effort into the problem. I knew how to do those problems -- I was the tutor or TA after all -- I didn't need to practice them anymore. The students need to practice them, and they don't get any practice doing them if someone else does it for them. I think that the forum -- espeically the homework help section -- is similar. I'm not doing some one else's homework for them, Maths Expert or not.

2) I then asked a question that hopefully would lead CrazCo in the right direction. If he could answer the question I asked, then he can do his homework problem. It really is as simple as that. If he came back and didn't see the connection, I'd give another hint (or in this case the tree gave another hint). I'd help get them going, but again, I'm not doing someone else's work for them.

Not that it really matters, helps with the question put forward in the OP, nor spanks someone for using silly text speak and making a random nonhelpful post, but CrazCo is a she. Again, doesn't matter much in an online world, but since she hasn't come back to let us know the answer she came up with, if she was still having trouble, or if she figured it out, I figured I wasn't harming the thread in any way to clarify.