How to make a universe?

SmokingSkillz

I believe it would be theoreticly possibe to create a universe.

If you have infinate processing power you could execute infinatly complex programs.

What if it were possible to build a 'robotic computational entity' embryo that that has the ability to harvest space dust, gases and astral bodies.

The entity would be able to evolve itself by producing processors, memory units and more robotic units to increase harvisting and manufacturing potential. The entity would have to be able to program itself using evolutional agorithms and it's purpose to write the most complex programs possible. Some problems for it to think about would be to write classes for atoms, protein, dna and planets

Then you realese it into space and wait for it to eventualy consume the entirety of our universe and simulate another one.

:eek:

I believe it would be theoreticly possibe to create a universe.

If you have infinate processing power you could execute infinatly complex programs.

therein will lie your problem, how would one go about obtaining Infinate Proc power without using a universe full of Chips? :)

I`m sure it would be more than possible (if not already acheived somewher, to create a mini universe full of artificial life with a limited amount of inteligence to each.

many Fractal programs "evolve" into something greater than it`s parts already :)

but a "Universe" I fear you`re falling into the trap of using the word "Infinate" too casualy! :)

I dunno? maybe it`s just me, but that sounds like a contradiction in terms?

and for the last part, it depends how finite is finate, as to how many procs you could make, but if you could make say 100 of them, you`de still never be able to replicate even their own universe they existed in, that`s a bit like "Over Unity" in the perpetual motion args that crop up :)

therein will lie your problem' date=' how would one go about obtaining Infinate Proc power without using a universe full of Chips? :)

:)[/quote']

:

What if it were possible to build a 'robotic computational entity' embryo that that has the ability to harvest space dust' date=' gases and astral bodies.

The entity would be able to evolve itself by producing processors, memory units and more robotic units to increase harvisting and manufacturing potential.

[/quote']

the point being?????

as I said, it would`nt be able to harvest ANYTHING beyond its confines :)

you can`t get something for nothing, and above Unity calculations in real terms are flawed :)

err, I think it depends what you define as universe.

An ant farm can be a tiny universe, too.

If you claim INFINITE universe, well, no, that would require infinite power.

If you claim FINITE universe, well, that just depends HOW finite it is, now, doesn't it? ;)

~moo

We know that our universes isnt finite,so its either infinite or expanding.If it were infinite you could never harvest all of it, and if it were expanding the robots would have to expand with it and they could never do that.Remember Zenos paradox, as soon as the robots (assuming they could travel as fast as the universe) would arrive were the universe was expanding it would expand farther.

If the universe was finite (strangely) it could be possible, yet very difficult.