Paper CD`s

YT2095

Guest bread theif
And that someone could take and chop up with scissors.

"Will you stop playing that game and come to dinner' date=' Robby?!! Or I'll come over there and cut it in half!!!"

"No, Mom, no! Please! Pleeeeeaasse?! Five more minutes!!"[/quote']

Haha, that would work until the little b#%@ard patched the game and it ran without a CD... Hah!

Yup, got my trusty old DVR-106 sitting in my computer right now. Very useful.

I've been planning to get one. I googled your DVR, & included the price comparison as a link.

Is the DVR an internal DVD+/-RW? I'm looking into an internal DVD +/-RW drive right now [i was originally going for external, but it seems that internal seems like more quality for less money]. However, I'm wondering if there are any complications in a hardware newbie installing it [i.e. open case, put drive in, etc.]. My hardware experience has been limited to inserting RAM & installing an Ethernet adapter for my old comp.

most of the leads are polarised anyway (you cant put them in the wrong way around).

the only other prob that can SOMETIMES occur is with the pip settings, either set to master or slave, 9 times out of 10 the factory default is just fine, and you just set up the boot sequence/order in the BIOS afterwards.

other than losing a screw in the case, there`s nothing to worry about :)

Installing it is just like installing a bog standard CD-ROM drive. All you do is find a spare IDE connector and then shove it in (remembering to screw it to the case ;)). The IDE lead does have a missing pin on it so there's only 1 way to install the lead. Probably easier than installing your ethernet adapter. As far as features are concerned, it's a 4x DVD-RW drive capable of burning both + and - media (although I only use - because I'm boring).