Rocket Man world record

YT2095

today in London a new world record was set by a man wearing a rocket pack.

he acheived a vertical height of 152 feet, and landed ontop of a building in front of a huge crowd.

I`ll pressent more details as they appear later :)

{edit} I`m awaiting email from Sky News, hopefully they`ll send me the full story, at that point, I`ll then paste it in here, and maybe move this to the News forum at that point :)

yeah, I got email, but can`t disclose the story or even why, lets say I`m legaly bound on receipt of it NOT TO disclose any info in the mail received :((

but be sure, it will be on the net soon as it was a world record!

appologies to all for the "red tape" crap, but the law is the law :(

no no, not in this instance :)

the guy`s name was Eric Scott from Texas, it was in North London.

he used a rocket pack that generated 800 horse power, the exhaust was super heated steam, making the fuel Hydrogen Peroxide over a Silver catalyst. I cant comment any further, it make the BBC or other news tomorow though :)

yeah' date=' I got email, but can`t disclose the story or even why, lets say I`m legaly bound on receipt of it NOT TO disclose any info in the mail received :((

but be sure, it will be on the net soon as it was a world record!

appologies to all for the "red tape" crap, but the law is the law :([/quote']

I don't quite understand why you can't disclose the story - care to elaborate?

no no, not in this instance :)

Oh. Reason I asked is that I didn't see why they'd e-mail off a copy of a story to random internet man #83762 and then say "but don't tell anyone, it's a secret until tomorrow." Seems like bad business.

It was in the paper this morning.

Oh. Reason I asked is that I didn't see why they'd e-mail off a copy of a story to random internet man #83762 and then say "but don't tell anyone' date=' it's a secret until tomorrow." Seems like bad business.

[/quote']

so they get headlines in "Large media magnate persues crippling lawsuit against random internet man #83762.

after all, sky do need soemthing new in the news tomorrow. Iraq is getting rather dull and Murdoch is thinking of cutting funding and abandoning the middle east conflict idea and repositioning it as rolling sand dunes and princes riding on camels.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is

intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may

not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.

If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return

e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce,

distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone.

Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail

communication through our internal and external networks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

is why.

although it does seem way over the top for the actual email content they replied with!

Ha, I have a few emails like that. It gets worse with more government groups forwarding mail. I assume they are standards, because I didn't think a government dept can be a PLC. One yesterday read :-

This e-mail is provided for general information purposes only and does

not constitute investment or transactional advice. For the avoidance of

doubt the contents of this email are subject to contract and will not

constitute a legally binding contract.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended

only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not

the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this

e-mail in error and you must not copy, disseminate, distribute, use or

take any action as a result of the information contained in it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify

postmaster@#####.com (UK ##### #######) and delete it immediately from your system.

Neither ###### nor any of the other companies in the ### ##### group

from whom this e-mail originates accept any responsibility for losses or

damage as a result of any viruses and it is your responsibility to check

attachments (if any) for viruses. ##### Limited Registered office:

.................................................................. Registered

in England and Wales: number #######. This e-mail may be sent on behalf

of a member of the ### ##### group of companies.

**************************************************************************************************

This email (including any attachments) is only intended for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain information that is confidential or privileged and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete this email from your system immediately.

###### Limited uses its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information or advice given in this and in all other communications (whether written or oral) is given to the best of the belief and knowledge of the author. Notwithstanding this, ####### Limited does not and shall not be deemed to have made or to make any representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information or advice given and ###### Limited does not accept any responsibility or liability for it. Any reliance by the recipient on the information given in this and in all other communications (whether written or oral) is at the sole risk of the

recipient unless ####### Ltd expressly agrees otherwise in writing.

**************************************************************************************************

wow! do you collect these or something? :)

If your sure it`s just bogus disclaimer garbage used to pad out emails, the contents of mine only said, if you`re still watching, there will be more about it in 4 minutes.

sadly I wasn`t watching as I was busy here. the Smirnof sign at the top of the building makes sense now too :)

still it was a neat story, esp when the guy showed you the controls and what each one did, it`s certainly made it to the top of my x-mas wish list :)

They're on virtually every external e-mail anyone in an office receives, so we don't so much collect them as... accumulate them.

Really they're on there so that the originator of the e-mail can shed some responsibility if sensitive information is leaked.

rofl

I wouldn't really pay any attention to it; I don't think you're gonna get the secret service out because you 'leaked' a story about a man breaking the world record for rocket flight.