x-rays and cervical cancer

surgicaltech

I have been a licensed veterinary technician for 20 years. I have been recently diagnosed with cervical cancer. Can all the x-rays I have taken over the years have caused this. You know we cannot leave the room because we are holding onto the animals. Also our x-ray gowns all had small pins holes in them for at least a year. Please help.

Having a glance at the wikipedia article on it i'd say its possible but very unlikely. you wear wearing the lead apron and pinprick holes are unlikely to expose the same area multiple times as the apron would move around depending on your position.

The American Cancer Society provides the following list of risk factors for cervical cancer: human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, smoking, HIV infection, chlamydia infection, dietary factors, hormonal contraception, multiple pregnancies, exposure to the hormonal drug diethylstilbestrol (DES) and a family history of cervical cancer.[7'] There is a possible genetic risk associated with HLA-B7.

this is corroborated with the american cancer society except the last one. these are more likely candidates.

To get a more accurate answer you should probably consult the doctor giving you the treatment(oncologist?) forums are probably not the best place to find out stuff like this.

Answers are unimportant! You have a very serious deasese and you need to flood you mind with positive feelings (maybe im a mystic, but I really beleive this helps). It doesent matter where you got it from, you have it! Immagine it as the craziest/strongest/meanist looking 250 pound rapist/murderer you've ever seen.... This guy is crazy and he is out to harm you... Even if its in the last round, after your beaten to shit, and can barley breath, barely move.... you will beat it.... you are resilent... you know this, your loved ones know this, and us all aswell... sorry for being so... gooey, anways. P.S. Thank you very much... I just buried my best freind (since chilhood, shot twice and brother died ran over) a month ago.

I have been a licensed veterinary technician for 20 years. I have been recently diagnosed with cervical cancer. Can all the x-rays I have taken over the years have caused this. You know we cannot leave the room because we are holding onto the animals. Also our x-ray gowns all had small pins holes in them for at least a year. Please help.

Were the pin holes all over the gown or were they concentrated in a particular area?

Answers are unimportant! You have a very serious deasese and you need to flood you mind with positive feelings (maybe im a mystic, but I really beleive this helps). It doesent matter where you got it from, you have it!

I think it's important to know how surgicaltech got it. If she continues to work as a veterinary technician with the knowledge that the x-rays (maybe) caused the cancer then she can avoid doing x-rays rather than risk cancer again.