Palin speaks to ABC News

bascule

"Lord—Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will." - Barack Obama

"Make me an instrument of your will"? You've got to be kidding me. No one is slamming the agent of same ole politics as usual for asking god to make him a freaking instrument? And he wants to run the country? Who? Him or god?

Where's the democrat kool-aid stand? I must have passed it because I smell double standards.

So we got one guy who asks an invisible man in the sky to make him his instrument. We have this other gal spouting Iraq as a mission of this same invisible man in the sky.

And we're only talking about the gal? Oh how I enjoy watching the little partisans compete. What was that about nationalism again? Wasn't that dangerous because of the tendency for one to exonerate their side like a "fan" in the face of contradictory truth?

Disclaimer: I mean no offense by the invisible man comments, it's simply what I personally believe and I feel it necessary to make my point to those who claim to believe similarly.

"Make me an instrument of your will"? You've got to be kidding me. No one is slamming the agent of same ole politics as usual for asking god to make him a freaking instrument? And he wants to run the country? Who? Him or god?

Where's the democrat kool-aid stand? I must have passed it because I smell double standards.

Thank you for appreciating the intent of my post.

Disclaimer: I mean no offense by the invisible man comments, it's simply what I personally believe and I feel it necessary to make my point to those who claim to believe similarly.

None taken.

Even a janitor can be an "instrument of god's will" (in the capacity of a janitor).

I appreciate your point, but we are not having an election for janitor.

I appreciate your point, but we are not having an election for janitor.

No, we're having an election for an instrument of god's will. Just like every other election. The leader of China is also an instrument of god's will; according to the bible god selects all leaders.

I didn't bother wasting my time replying to waitforufo here because I'd already done so over in this other thread... twice... and he brought it up yet again anyway.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=432519#post432519

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=432730#post432730

Oh, and it's not an "invisible man," it's an imaginary being. ;)

I didn't bother wasting my time replying to waitforufo here because I'd already done so over in this other thread... twice... and he brought it up yet again anyway.

That's cool. But I think it's a great demonstration of double standards that this hasn't taken off. Actually, I did hear some fox news analyst chick mention it, but she was making the point that their comments on faith should be taken with a grain of salt since "flowery" language is to be expected in that context.

Which is BS. That's kind of the problem I think, to say things one doesn't mean and justify it by saying they weren't talking to me. Even worse, by that logic, this proves that both candidates are willing to stretch the truth when talking to an omnipotent being responsible for our very existence and could snuff us all out with a thought, so they say. Well hell, if you've got the nerve to lie to god...

How easily will they stretch the truth with us?

Oh, and it's not an "invisible man," it's an imaginary being.

Prove it. >:D

I can prove it's not an invisible man since a hominid has qualities which are testable and not limited to the electromagnetic spectrum. However, I concede that I'm only 99% sure instead of 100% sure that it's an imaginary being... a three letter word with an ambiguous definition.

I can prove it's not an invisible man since a hominid has qualities which are testable and not limited to the electromagnetic spectrum. However, I concede that I'm only 99% sure instead of 100% sure that it's an imaginary being... a three letter word with an ambiguous definition.

Why didn't I see that coming? :doh:

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. But I've always loved Carlin's rant on the invisible man in the sky.

Well, that's an interesting speculation. We cannot, however, use it as any sort of fact for our discussion since it never happened.

A great piece in the NYTimes today about Palin:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html

It is part of a pattern, Mr. Fagan said, in which Ms. Palin characterizes critics as “bad people who are anti-Alaska.”

As Ms. Palin’s star ascends, the McCain campaign, as often happens in national races, is controlling the words of those who know her well. Her mother-in-law, Faye Palin, has been asked not to speak to reporters, and aides sit in on interviews with old friends.

At a recent lunch gathering, an official with the Wasilla Chamber of Commerce asked its members to refer all calls from reporters to the governor’s office. Diane Woodruff, a city councilwoman, shook her head.

“I was thinking, I don’t remember giving up my First Amendment rights,” Ms. Woodruff said. “Just because you’re not going gaga over Sarah doesn’t mean you can’t speak your mind.”