Microbe Variation

What is the differentiation of microbial life from say primarily relying on say geologic activity rather then biological activity? Does this occur at some point in time possibly from selection pressures, and if this exists does it fall in the timeline in which maybe eukaryotes or multicellular life was possibly starting to come about? Can any major metabolic pathways show any proof?

• 2 weeks later...

Primordial life such as archaea or bacteria are held to be older the eukaryotes. Basically going from autotrophic species of such in relationship to phylogeny and selection I think it would be selection that produced autotrophic microbes then, or that the species is fit for its environment. With variation though and populations of such microbes could eukaryotic evolution as in conjunction with say endosymbiosis pretty much put up a far different fitness landscape? Such as could the physiology of eukaryotes be supported by such organisms being able to move into different trophic systems. Eukaryotes are highly diversified but are a success in major or a major difference is being multicellular. So my question becomes if it’s the presence of life, with say prokaryotes, that allowed for a different selection criteria.

Sorry, to me that sounds a bit like random words stringed together. I have to structure it a bit in order to understand it.

Primordial life such as archaea or bacteria are held to be older the eukaryotes.

Well, archaea and bacteria which are still here probably could not be counted as primordial, but yes, archaea and bacteria clearly arose before the first eukaryote.

Basically going from autotrophic species of such in relationship to phylogeny and selection I think it would be selection that produced autotrophic microbes then, or that the species is fit for its environment.

I cannot even begin to understand this. Are you asking how autotrophism evolved?

I just read the next sentence and I think I will give up for now... head... hurting... too much. I think you should read up on the definition of some (most of the words you used). Thank you.

Sorry about the confusion. I guess you could leave out the primordial part of the question, but in essence I think it relates.

Basically, with the use of fitness landscapes and variation would you say eukaryotes evolved to what they from drift? I mean in context of evolution to a eukaryote from say the being archaea or eubacteria.

I mean going from phylogeny you have species that eukaryotes evolved from right? Well I would think that maybe endosymbiosis could be viewed in an idea maybe as something that is evidence of say that evolution? Such as the appearance of true multicellular life?