uncomfortable muscular pain

iv been having some weird muscular and join pains of late and im not shure of what is causing it, im not shure its something worth going to the doctors about or wether it is,

i ont realy now how to explain the pain its like a weak fealing as if the muscle is worn out and i dont get how, like for example right now siting in bed with my nees bent resting my labtop upon them im geting a feeling inmy calfs i think thats the name of the muscle the one behind the shin anyhow its been happening alot l8ly with my arms and legs and i was just wondering wether there is a simple explination like flew even tho i havent had normal flew like simptoms, or wether its worth contacting a doctor,

iv also noticed that some of my joints have started to ake wich has led me to believe its arthritus maybe even tho im only 20, i sit at a computor for rufly 10 hours a day and have never had wrist pain or cramp before but of l8 im geting it bad.

guess im just looking to see if anyone knows of a simple answer or if i should just go to the doctors Lol anyhow thanks bye.

• 1 month later...

Theres no way to know from what youve said, your symptoms hit on a wide spectrum of possiblitys. Ill give you some suggestions for your own research.

Just general possibilitys ordered by most serious to least.

1. Any number of rhumetiod deseases (auto-immune, your bodies defenses may be attacking itself)

2. The onset of a Neuromuscular deasease

3. Digestive disfunctions (your body isnt able to take from food what it needs)

4. Really what you say just sounds like the pain of atrophy (muscle loss). This would relate to lack of physical activity and/or poor diet (try to get away from that computer:-)). Also joints are known to work/feel better when they enjoy plenty of activity and lite stress.

blazar hit all of the major points pretty well.

I would try some physical activity first. If that makes it worse (as in "my joints are falling apart" worse, not "I'm a bit sore" worse) then take some ibuprofen to see if that helps resolve it. And then go to a doctor.

But I heartily agree with blazar's suggestion to get out more.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, I second amotion on all above advice - however, I know the feeling of having to haul yourself to a doctor when more times than not, the problem is growing pains (or aging pains) depending on what side of “35” your on. I think back to all the trips I’ve made to the doctor - and in the end, it’s always been time and the bodies own healing ability that’s been the “prescription”. Try some exercise and weight loss (if needed) and if it still doesn’t go away - pick up the phone...

It’s said that the body makes different types of protein when under different types of stress (like starving). A cleaner more efficient protein is made... The foot note goes to Crowell & Maynard 1935 and Taylor 1995...

Growing pains should not extend much past 18, I believe. There are about 400,000 different proteins in the human body. When your body is starving, basically, it uses muscle (and fat) for energy, eating away at your muscle.

Your body naturally responds to stresses by getting stronger. If you are at a computer for 10 hours a day, then it is not getting stressed and atrophy sets in to the muscles, the joints, everything. You should do some kind of full body workout, even if it is just for 15 minutes. Get some little dumbbells and do jumping jacks with them and stuff like that, something, anything. Resistance promotes growth and the pain should gradually get better. You might be developing some carpal tunnel syndrome from typing on the computer so much, so you might want to do a search for some exercises for that. Definitely make sure you have a keyboard wrest if that is the case, as well. Lastly, nothing works well if you don't practice good nutritional habits. Fresh vegetables, fruits, low sugars, whole meats, low preservatives and words that fit on one page, a good multivitamin every day. This stuff makes all of the difference in the world. The more you eat of it, the better off you are for the rest of your life. They found this old man in Indonesia who claimed to be 130 years old and still alive,, and while I don't think they were able to verify it, he said he accomplished it by eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.