Should steroids be banned or regulated?

kenel

Shoul steroid use be banned or regulated?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Shoul steroid use be banned or regulated?

• Banned
    • Regulated
    • I don't care, give me the ROID RAGE

Well, in a team sport strategy stills plays a big part, esp if everyone is super pumped up. Then its all about who has the best gameplan. In something like boxing then yeah, i guess its whomever has the best chemist. Which isn't any than whomever has the best trainer and training equipment.

Most of this thread is missing out what the effect of performance enhancing drugs is. It pushes the body past it's normal limits, causing it extra damage. The athlete cannot properly judge when an injury is coming on or when they have a serious problem while using steroids et al. Now while this may mean that there is an increase in shin splints, osteoporosis, arthritis, spinal damage, torn muscles, stretched tendons etc it also means there is a massively increased risk of heart attacks. Under proper guidance an already fit athlete can benefit from steroid use, but if they have no training programme they could main or even kill themselves with the excessive exercise.

Call me picky, but I'd call that an unjustifiable risk.

• 3 months later...