General Relativity exception

pioneer

This came to me the other day. It can show that GR, in this one respect, is an approximation for classical gravity. Here is the scenario. If I took a bolder and lifted its edge and placed a block of foam underneath it, it will flatten. This is due to gravity-weight. Based on this scenario the local GR=gravity has not changed appreciably, yet classical gravity caused a compression in distance that exceeds the change in GR. What this suggests is in some applications classical gravity is an approximation for GR. But in this type application GR is an approximation for classical gravity.

Classical gravity is changing the position of the atoms so they get physically closer. Maybe a GR approximation might be space-time expansion. For example, we have a cube contained in (1,1,1). If we expand the space-time coordinated system to (2,2,2) the mass is still at (1,1,1) but now half size physically closer. The expanded space-time coordinate system nows exists deeper into space-time requiring additional physical compaction of more matter. The space-time is spreading out with classical gravity.

This also makes sense with respect to time. The time should speed up. The heat from gravity work takes care of speeding up events. In stars, the fastest events are always where the star is most gravity compact. They are not undergoing time dilation with the reaction rates going slower in the core and proportionately faster at the perimeter. That would be a messed up star able to tidy up atoms faster than the core could make them. That was my attempt to extend GR to better accommodate the bolder problem.