Global Warming re-derived?

ecoli

Your link is saying what I have been saying for a long time now, and you should probably read it. Assuiming you agree with the math in that article, the doubling of CO2 would result in a 1.8 degree increase in global temperature, and at the current rate of increase we will see a doubling in... 300 years or so.

That's a doubling from todays values, always keep the numbers clear.

That's a doubling from todays values, always keep the numbers clear.

Yes. At 720 ppm we would see another 1.8 degrees celcius increase, according to that particular study.

All we need to do really is put out all the coal mine fires around the world..... China burns nearly 200 million tons of coal in mine fires every year, emitting more CO2 than all the gasoline burned in America in that same time.

I know it's not the sexy authoritarian change that so many want... but it is the practical one.

All we need to do really is put out all the coal mine fires around the world..... China burns nearly 200 million tons of coal in mine fires every year, emitting more CO2 than all the gasoline burned in America in that same time.

Actually, I've heard similar things before. Personally I think it's a damn good idea. Putting out the coal mine fires would do more to stem the increase in CO2 than shutting down the US.

This is one of the things that hints (to me) that the agenda is more political than ecological for much of the environmental lobby. Putting out the fires would have the greatest ecological benefit for the least effort and least economic disruption but would not increase their political power. The path chosen seems more aligned to increasing political power so that ideological societal changes can be made rather than actually cleaning up the environment.

Even $10B US to put out the fires is chump change compared to cost of restructuring the economy, and a hell of a lot easier. So why not push for that option? There must be a reason and reducing CO2 doesn't appear to be it.