Ringing sound in your ear

aommaster

One of my computers makes a very, very high pitched sound when it runs. It is so high pitched, that sometimes I think that I'm just making it up. But I prove myself wrong with I turn the computer off, and I can hear the noise stop, or when I turn it on, and I can hear it start. But otherwise, I don't notice it unless the house is silent.

Well, the high pitched sound that comes from your TV (correct me if I'm wrong) is from the Tubes at the back of ur TV. They are the ones that fire the electrons at the screen so that you see an image. When the TV is switched off, you don't here the high pitched sound, because they aren't working.

Crash said in post # :

Now that you mention it my monitor does the same thing, anybody know why?

yeah, it`s the frequency sent to the "flyback transformer" via a transistor usualy a "BU" series.

it`s a step up transformer that turns several tens of volts (about 90 to 120) into about 26KV (give or take a few 5`s of KV eitherway for tv size and or not Color).

the typical frequency for the primary coil is about 16Khz, and depending on the wrapping of the primary and chassis stability, the EM can resonate and be rather irritaing!

you`ll find often that a good electrical spray varnish over the intimate parts of this area and allowed to dry thouroughly, will often elliminate this sound :)

• 3 months later...
Guest WhimsicalShadow

Okay...so this is a really old thread... but I was using Google to search for this, so bear with me. :P

Uh... Yeah... Tinnitus...o_O I thought it was something to do with a manga series called 'X/1999'....::Whacks overactive imagination:: But, I guess it's not. As for me, sometimes it's not a ringing noise at all. Usually in my left ear, (with my friend, it's in his right) very rarely, I hear a long, sometimes very loud beep. Not a bunch of noises. Just one, long, ANNOYING one. I should've asked my doctor about it, but I was being an idiot and forgot to ask. :D Well, at least I know my friend and I aren't the only ones now!

• 6 months later...

Hmmm; womb, Lance... im confunsed.

Just like to point out that tinnitus is actually this but chronic, Rasori probs got that.

I also get it sometimes, usually late on, and thats also when i get twiches, mabye YTs right.