hey anyone got any experiments to try (number 2)

Ice_Phoenix87

I may be wrong i am noob but i think Acids combine with alkali metals to create a metalic salt in this case ca chloride if you cool or evaporate the solution you might be left with zinc chloride.

Zn + HCl -> ZnCl + H

I dont know why it would be purple.

Depending on reactivity series i think salts will react with acids and the metal may displace hydrogen in the acid to make a new salt and acid i.e

H2SO4 + 2NaCl -> 2HCl + Na2SO4

you`ve got contamination somewhere then, as Zinc Chloride is a clear hexagonal crystal (when all water`s evaporated), what were the sources of Zinc and HCl?

btw, if you have those metals and acids, why don`t you take my Battery challenge :)

Hi Ice_Phoenix87. I hope you don't think I'm hijacking this thread - maybe it's not the kind of experiment you're looking for - but I devised a visual experiment a while ago, outlined here, which challenges the prevailling theory of visual awareness. If you or anyone else could carry it out and let me know if you get the same results as myself, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just a long shot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More experiments. I need a experiment to do,(so insted of going the new post i thought id just go with this one, because it didn't get many good awnsers)

prefreably a titration to do that is easy and contains easily obtainable chemicals