Dark matter and E=Mc2

zeig

i've read a little bit of this but it hasn't been writin in "plain manswriting" yet for what i could find so i constantly find myslef looing up words and ending up reading a book for every word i dont know.

So dark matter its self is a theory right? When i first heard of the general idea of dark matter i wasnt completely filled in on it and i developed my own theory to what it was, while debating with a friend we came to the conclusion that my theroy could be just as plausaable as the current "darkmatter theory" because E=Mc2 is a theory as well.

any holes in this? i can type out my theory if anyone wants it just to fully understand this.:D

E=mc² is an equation, not a theory. Your theory/hypothesis/idea/thought/whatever is not any more or any less or equally plausible as any other theory/... just because you give it the same name. Plausibility is judged by how many people think your theory/... makes sense. Plausibility also is not exactly the most important criterion for a theory/.... Correctness, applicabilty and the ability to make predictions are usually more important.

I see that we're dealing again with a case where the word theory is misunderstood. Swansont opened a thread about this yesterday (i think), but I'm just too lazy to look for it:doh:

Anyways, why don't you share your full idea with us zeig?!

edit: ah, found it:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31331

god i love this site haha, i have no friends who even understand this stuff.

i have to go diggin thru some papers for my theroy/idea/w.e. cuz i wrote it down at the begining of last year so that i could remember the full thing. i'll get it up as soon as i get the chance.:)