Need Help

foodchain

What do you mean oscillations in a vacuum?

Taking a guess I'd assume you meant vacuum fluctuations?

I guess that’s it?

What I am looking for is some basic introduction on potentials and kinetics of energy in a systems way. I thought a tendency of energy to act is via a vacuum? So I was wondering if oscillations became the form of that in some way?

I guess that’s it?

What I am looking for is some basic introduction on potentials and kinetics of energy in a systems way. I thought a tendency of energy to act is via a vacuum? So I was wondering if oscillations became the form of that in some way?

I think the question is ill-formed.

Energy "acting" in a vacuum sort of implies electromagnetic radiation, but that's certainly not the only way to transfer energy or the only form it takes.

I think the question is ill-formed.

Energy "acting" in a vacuum sort of implies electromagnetic radiation, but that's certainly not the only way to transfer energy or the only form it takes.

I have to agree, I don’t know how to ask this question very well. Let me try to refine it.

I want to study potentials and kinetics of energy in small systems, say microbes, from individual to say a population. I want to study behavior as it relates down to a molecular level, looking at it from what form of energy may be doing what at a particular time, such as a chemical reaction or a constant string of such.

So for instance if you had a certain amount of use to a particular aspect of microbial physiology, what is the reaction of the microbe when an environmental effect changes say selective pressure, what happens to the thermodynamics of the microbe. Then the idea is relating this to reproduction, but I want to keep it all on a level of just recording the dynamics of energy in the microbe, regardless of form. My guess is that selective pressure or just destructive interference may play a huge role in homeostasis for instance, but the idea to me is trying to study such from a very reduced platform. Not in terms of even just chemical names, but just values of energy as it relates to potential and kinetic realties of microbial environment physiology/evolution.

I mean studies on microbial populations as they mutate for instance to overcome some barrier is neat, but in all reality why in regards to time can such an adaptation occur, giving all possible mutational routes the bacteria could take. Also when it finds one that is fit, energetically I would assume being the prime reason for such and the subsequent bloom of such genes in a giving population.

I just have no clue in the most basic sense of what physics I would even be looking to use. I can grasp what chemistry I would want to use, and of course biology, in a very general sense of course.