LSA extraction process

foursixand2

Im not sure how the denizens of scienceforums look upon such activities, so i will be vague and omit the reason i would want to extract LSA (ergine,d-lysergic acid amide, d-lysergamide, LA-111), and what i plan to do with the product.

The reason i would want to extract the LSA is to get a more concentrated compound, thus having to consume less of it for the effects.

A VERY brief overview of the extraction process: Grind Ipomoea seeds. Soak grounds in nonpolar solution. Filter out (then throw out) bulk of liquid, evaporate remainder. Soak in polar solution (ethanol), throw out grounds, evaporate ethanol, and you have your product.

My issue is, im not a chemist. My concern is the nonpolar solvent is poison. In what i read this phase is to extract the 'bad stuff'. The first time i experimented with Ipomoea i drank the grounds straight, so im not too concerned about whatever the nonpolar solvent is supposed to take out. The undesirable effects (nausea, headache) arise from chemicals in the husk. When the grounds are put in water the husks settle in the bottom as sludge. I simply didn't drink that part. Problem solved, and im sure i could figure out other ways to sift the innards of the seed separated from the husk. As i understand it is the ethanol that extracts the actual drug. Ethanol will be evaporated, but even if im not thorough enough it is not poisonous.

My idea is that i can avoid messing with petroleum ether, and just extract LSA from the grounds (minus the husks) using ethanol. Is there any reason why this wouldnt work?

Im not sure how the denizens of scienceforums look upon such activities, so i will be vague and omit the reason i would want to extract LSA (ergine,d-lysergic acid amide, d-lysergamide, LA-111), and what i plan to do with the product.
We're not denizens, we're *citizens* of SFN. Denizens wouldn't care about the danger.