our lovely earth

cton

our earth become not behave so 'nice' for all these years. it seem that almost every year many things had been destroyed by the nature e.g. heavy rain, tornado etc. i'm quite shocked with my beautiful country, malaysia, when the Peninsular Malaysia, suddenly got flooded by he heavy rain. i think it's the first time happened. nowadays, sometimes i can predicted the weather. as you can see that early in the morning, it was really hot, which is good (for certain people), but in the late evening, it's getting rain here. it make me confuse. as an environmental science student who really-really want to know, give me a precisely explanation what r really happen rite now?!!!!:confused:

yup! you can't guess what will be happen to us right?!!!! is it we had done something bad? for example, the industrial sector. if there is no industrial sector in our place, how we will survive? if there is no car, is it people are willing to walk from school to their home or vice versa. nowadays, we becoming more modern and become more intelligence. people seems to be more alike to build a new thing that can make their life more easier. even the vegetable that we ate, which are we can buy from store that look like so fresh, contained at least 30% of chemical to make the vegetable become more 'fat' and sometimes look too red (tomato for instance).

You are correct to be concerned. The world will always change all by itself, even without humans here to change it more.

However, we as humans are making many changes. Chemicals in the air and water, waste of resources, short term desires also lead us to sometimes make poor decisions... decisions which hurt us in the long term.

Let me ask you this. Since worrying about problems is not the way to fix them, what do you think we can do to make positive changes and improvements?

Awareness is good, but we need to focus that awareness in to useful actions. :)

Let me ask you this. Since worrying about problems is not the way to fix them, what do you think we can do to make positive changes and improvements?

There should be policies about this. One good one that I can think of right now is Kyoto Protocol, although it is not applied globally!

we cannot blame the pollution. we should blame ourselves. bcoz of us, we produce pollution. correct right?! but, if we look at the right side, if there is no technologies around us, are people are willing to move on their life more comfortable? i think not, even us right? no car, no factory to produce our food, you guys willling to have crop (which needed a long time to produce fruit and vegetable)? even me i don't think so.

as you know, awareness is good. thanks to iNow. but, you look people around you. how many people are keeping their habit to conserve their un-use thing. even now, many people are seem to burn their rubbish, even it is just a dried leaves. can they just dig a hole and put the leaves in that hole? it can be fertilizers.......i don't know how to make peoples more concern about environment.

government had make advertisement in the tv and also in the radio about the pollution. but, how many people are really-really involve and really-really want to conserve and take care of their earth???????????????

but, how many people are really-really involve and really-really want to conserve and take care of their earth???????????????

More and more each and every day. All we can do is keep helping, keep doing our part, and keep educating others where we can.

Each day, more people are involved. That is good. I want it to happen faster, but it will happen at it's own rate. Just be persistent, and keep trying.

we cannot blame the pollution. we should blame ourselves. bcoz of us, we produce pollution. correct right?! but, if we look at the right side, if there is no technologies around us, are people are willing to move on their life more comfortable? i think not, even us right? no car, no factory to produce our food, you guys willling to have crop (which needed a long time to produce fruit and vegetable)? even me i don't think so.

as you know, awareness is good. thanks to iNow. but, you look people around you. how many people are keeping their habit to conserve their un-use thing. even now, many people are seem to burn their rubbish, even it is just a dried leaves. can they just dig a hole and put the leaves in that hole? it can be fertilizers.......i don't know how to make peoples more concern about environment.

government had make advertisement in the tv and also in the radio about the pollution. but, how many people are really-really involve and really-really want to conserve and take care of their earth???????????????

We got plans in the works right now to eventually obtain a geodesic dome home. They are to be the most energy efficient buildings currently. We also have green energy options available from the local power company. That along with some solar energy should be pretty darn green. Then of course you deal with what you purchase, green options are available with that too, such as just buying local goods, to buying organic foods, overall many variables exist for product use in which the reality of such is a case by case basis currently overall. Plus the homes I guess are pretty standard in being able to repel things like hurricanes and tornadoes, which is always a plus.

As for automobiles the next car we get is going to be a Toyota prius. It may not be the most green thing on wheels, but its accessible to us and does use far less hydorcarbons to go then most other options. I also think the support of such technology from a consumption point will be the only thing that allows it to get bigger, better and more widespread in use. There is some newer model car coming about, and not from a major manufacturer either. It uses standard or existing equipment to get 150 miles to the gallon. Its just a prototype currently though. The estimated, and purely estimate currently would have a model costing around 45,000$. A prius which is a viable option currently costs only about half of that.

Plus if you buy land you can at least keep that green such as making sure it stays a part of the natural environment or ecosystem, or working on how human life can make being green a reality, or how to have human cultures which can obtain a green way of living, or more on honest communication hopefully.

Overall many options exist to be green, its just a sad fact that most all of it is non standard behavior in regards to anything current such as consumption. Again I would suggest that more scientific understanding of the environment equated into general populous will help, along with options on how to live a greener life. Then of course the next big hurdle is getting those green options towards living more normal and accessible, which means that if you can land such as the standard reality of economy, competitiveness should in then turn make living green better and better.

The one ugly little thing in all of this is ultimately I don’t think any lifestyle can support and infinitely growing populous, though I could be wrong somehow.

thanks for all ur answers. brilliant, but as you can see how much people are really concern about their environment? they suddenly become busy with their daily life until they forget about their surroundings that 'sick' because of pollution. let me straight to the point: is it your friends and your family were concern about the pollution and environment? :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

something had bared in my mind. i had thought this thing for so long. how long the scientific laws which governing changes of matter and energy from one form to another related to the resource use, environmental degradation and sustainability?