Sleep

It's kidna weird what I'm about to post (or ask), but it's something that's been happening quite often for the last two months.

In the days when I get a lot of sleep (10 hours or more) I usually wake up very very sleepy and for another hour I just can't identify the word around me! I mean, I don't like talking, just sitting somewhere and staring at anything. In a word, sleepy!

But in the days when I get little sleep (which is happening very frequently), 5 hours or less, I wake up completely sober! It looks kinda weird to me!

I there a rational explanation for this, or this is something that is happening just to me??:D:D

No, that's fairly well documented. Too much sleep very often results in similar symptoms as too little: lethargy, difficulty concentrating, etc. You definitely shouldn't be sleeping more than 10 hours or less than 5. 6-8 is generally recognized as ideal for adults.

Yeah. I totally agree! I have been getting way too much sleep the past few days and all I feel like doing is taking naps. So, if I stay up all night and get 3 hours of sleep, I will be feeling normal tomorrow. That always happens to me.

Actually I stay late like that every night (usually), doing stuffs in my lab!

But is there a particular effect in the memory. Because I have difficulties to recall after sleeping a lot! And when I get little sleep I never have the problem!

(Maybe I shouldn't sleep after all:P:P)