Mwi

Lakshya

Can anybody please answer 3 questions realted to MWI:

i)Suppose I measure anything, then I will also be divided into two different universes according to the no. of probable things. But I don't feel any change. I think everything is going continous. But if it really divides where does 'I' go. I don't feel any change. What thing my mind thinks? Where does that previous 'I' go?

ii)Suppose there's a match between India and Pakistan going on. There will be many events in the match and hence too many universes will be created. But the result will be either India wins or Pakistan wins. So, different results will happen in different (too many) universes. So, I think all the universes will combine in 2 universes according to the result. Can this happen?

iii)Suppose an electron is in a superposition of 2 states adn the probability is 0.8 for A and 0.6 for B. Then according to MWI both the things will happen in 2 different universes. Then what's teh matter of probability here if both the things happen?

I don't really get it and I find it difficult the way you think what "universe" is! I think that your "universes" are actually different frames of reference! And from different frames of reference you might think that you're seeing or feeling things differently, but that actually is only from your frame of reference, because someone else who's not looking things in the way you are, will get different conclusion about what you think you are feeling different from the others. But one thing that is interesting in all this, is that you and the other guy from a different frame, do not contradict each other, you have different conclusion about the same thing, but that both are right depending from your frame of reference. Observers from different frames of reference do not contradict each other!

Excuse my rookiness (I'm not even sure that you were talking about this):doh:!

I don't really get it and I find it difficult the way you think what "universe" is! I think that your "universes" are actually different frames of reference! And from different frames of reference you might think that you're seeing or feeling things differently, but that actually is only from your frame of reference, because someone else who's not looking things in the way you are, will get different conclusion about what you think you are feeling different from the others. But one thing that is interesting in all this, is that you and the other guy from a different frame, do not contradict each other, you have different conclusion about the same thing, but that both are right depending from your frame of reference. Observers from different frames of reference do not contradict each other!

Excuse my rookiness (I'm not even sure that you were talking about this):doh:!

No, I am not saying about this. I am talking about the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics and which by your answer doesn't look that you know MWI. Please don't mind, but your answer was related to Relativity and the thread is posted under Quantum Physics.

Excuse me, if you find my answer harsh. Sorry.

Why? This is not supported by anything.

Ooooooooooooh so you say that infinite universes can be created in a finite time? I say, to you the universes that will be created will be finite but still uncountable as the no. will be so huge.

you haven't provided a reason why it absolutely cannot be infinite.

and 'i can't imagine it being infinite' is not a valid logical reason.

Absolutely! Imagination is often irrational, and irrational is something that so far is not within frames of science (at least not practical)!

Ooooooooooooh so you say that infinite universes can be created in a finite time? I say, to you the universes that will be created will be finite but still uncountable as the no. will be so huge.

He didn't say that they can, only that you have not demonstrated that they cannot.

Also, mathematicians have no trouble counting some infinities, but larger infinities are uncountable.

He didn't say that they can, only that you have not demonstrated that they cannot.

Also, mathematicians have no trouble counting some infinities, but larger infinities are uncountable.

So, can u tell me what is smaller infinite and what is larger infinite? LOL. U have created these ones also. Don't mind at the way of my talking but u r saying absolute nonsense.

you haven't provided a reason why it absolutely cannot be infinite.

and 'i can't imagine it being infinite' is not a valid logical reason.

Look, the creaton takes some time. And infinite creation is possible in infinite time not in finite time.

Look, the creaton takes some time. And infinite creation is possible in infinite time not in finite time.

OH IMMENSE UNREFUTABLE PROOF!

seriously, you are stating unproven things as if they have been fact. no evidence for it at all. and why can't universes be created in parallel? if that is possible then it is possible to create infinite universes in parrallel. it doesn't have to be sequential(create universe one, when finished create universe two.. yada yada yada).

also, you'll need to prove that it takes time to create a universe as well now. or even that time has anything to do with it.

i'll ask again. please provide proof that infinite universes cannot be created at once. just because you can't imagine it is not a valid logical reason.

So, can u tell me what is smaller infinite and what is larger infinite? LOL. U have created these ones also. Don't mind at the way of my talking but u r saying absolute nonsense.

There are different "sized" infinities. That is, there are infinite sets that are demonstrably larger than other infinite sets. Claiming otherwise, especially with an appeal to ridicule fallacy thrown in, does nothing to enhance your credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_number

You haven't shown that you've created infinite universes — that requires an infinite number of decisions. You also haven't shown that "too many" is actually infinite. "Too many" hasn't been defined, much less rigorously defined.

And also, please do not use "texting" shorthand (e.g. U R ). This isn't a chat room.