Arbitrary duct taping

Fred56

Someone's point about arbitrariness in our experience: (YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THIS)

Without definitions we have no language' date=' and definitions are accepted in the world because they are definitions. That's the definition of definition.

[/quote']What is a 'correct definition'? What does correct "mean"?

Aren't we, as observers, only capable therefore, of observing?

Even knowledge is observation. It's "all we have" in that sense.

Without it (observation), there wouldn't be any records (books) to "observe", it really is the chicken, and the external record (also the internal 'copy' of that in that case), is the egg.

What is your agenda?

To demonstrate that Evolution is an 'agent'

You're using falacies to ignore what you don't want to answer, and you tend to troll, though we do our best to be patient.

the way you ignore what you don't feel like answering, *and* your attempt to define science as a belief with some entity behind it, I think you owe us an answer about this.

I really -- REALLY -- do.Don't condescend. You didn't understand what he said because you didn't read the entire post, or chose to ignore it.

Geesh.

If you think a dictionary is a collection of opinions, you have a serious problem in understanding the usage of language.

Are you afraid of dealing with the *entirety* of a subject? Is that why you consistently nitpick the points you want to answer?

All I really want to do is cook some eggs, here guys, what's the big problem?

~moo