The common cold

Firescape

• 2 months later...

I don't know that we will ever find a cure for the "common cold" simply because of its amazing ability to transform itself to get into our body. Essentially the cold virus or bacterium uses a host to find its way in, this host is allowed in by our immune system becasue it doesn't recognize the invading pathogen as it has never seen it before. W.H.O, C.D.C...make vaccines for these viral/bacterial bodies but they are useless unless they happen to be spot on with how the pathogen enters the body. Unfortunately this can be a double edged sword, the more vaccines we create the more we attempt to build up our immunity the more the virus/bacterium mutates becomeing stronger immune to the very products we are using to make us immune thereby making it able to enter our body and make us ill.

For those still reading this post, I hope this helps.

I don't know that we will ever find a cure for the "common cold" simply because of its amazing ability to transform itself to get into our body.

your language is a bit misleading here. The rhinovirus doesn't 'transform itself', rather random mutations that enable it to change get selected for, by pressures from our own immune systems.

You have to be a disease-fighting warrior. I eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, supplemented with a good dose of vitamins and minerals in capsule form. When I feel a cold coming on, I eat about 6 grams of Vit. C per day and I just don't get sick anymore. Been that way for a few years now.