Greetings from A.S.I.G.N. Observatory!

bloodhound31

Hello all,

If anyone is interested in building their own observatory from scratch, learning about astrophotography, or trying their hand at a few astronomy related DIY projects, please say hello and have a bit of a look through my website. It is all free and there are no gimmicks. Put your credit card away, I don't want to see it! LOL

Big cheers,

Baz.

A.S.I.G.N. Observatory

Canberra, Australia

http://www.asignobservatory.com

NewLogo7.JPG

Awesome observatory, nice work.

Do you need much of a cooling-off period when you open the dome?

Is that a parking lot behind the dome? What kind of heat waves do you get from that direction?

What kind of light pollution do you have to deal with in the area in general?

What's your effective horizon like? It looks kinda tight with all those trees.

I usually open up the dome an hour before imaging. Winter is obviously better, being in Canberra with it's minus temperatures....

Not a parking lot, just the street. Heat from that direction is not a problem.

Light pollution in the burbs of Canberra is far better than that of Sydney, I can vouch for that!

The dome is placed in my front yard in a nominal position, considering the movement of the stars from east to west. I try to photograph things that are at least 30 degrees above the horizon if I can anyway. Any lower than that tends to introduce too many atmospheric anomalies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...