Classical or QM

foodchain

Or both really I don’t know. Simple question I think.

You take a surface, spray some water onto it say with a misting nozzle or what not. Eventually the beads of water will become so big that gravity for instance takes over and they move down.

Question splits to two parts and is derived from my limited understanding of QM.

Does the act of gravity on the movement of such bodies basically come from gaining a higher state of energy and attempting to lower such, and is the path such takes, which appears to be random, is actually coming also from the same behavior? Now I know surface has something to do with such, but I think it would not disturb the question to greatly and actually apply.

If I did not define the question good enough please let me know.

The movement of drops along a vertical (or tilted) surface is probably classical. Although the individual tracks will be dictated by small-scale structure of the surface, I can't think of any reason that QM would come into play in the overall behavior. It's still many, many atoms involved, and it will end up being random and/or chaotic.