Like fisting a baked bean tin full of syrup...

insane_alien

So, i was in my plasticts engineering lecture this morning(10 am) and the lecturer was explaining viscoelasticity to us(fun stuff:rolleyes:) most of the class was a tad hungover(though strangely i wasn't) and i heard the weirdest analogy ever. 'viscoelasticity is like fisting an oversided baked bean tin full of syrup' .

naturally it took a bit of time to sink in and ask 'did he really just say that? and it turns out he did. its not normal 10am discussion that. i mean the only real scenarios where that should come up is either if you're high or have some outlandish fetishes.

but here i am making a thread of it. what other weird and wacky things have you heard teachers and lecturers say?

what other weird and wacky things have you heard teachers and lecturers say?

I'll have to dredge up my old graduate dynamics notes. 8:30AM class.

The weirdest may have been something to the effect of - "your next exam will have a problem on it that gave a lot of you difficulty on the first exam. Forcing you to eat your own vomit, as it were."

He also was famous for mixing Stern (of Stern-Gerlach) with Sturm (of Sturm-Liouville)