Writing on the wallpaper of the mind

Fred56

In charta-murus mensis scribere:

T.V. is usually my daily equivalent of a background “moving and speaking” wallpaper. I leave it turned on, even swiveling it round so I can “see” it if I'm sitting at my PC. Perhaps it is my muse of sorts. It forms a sort of background to my daily “conscious space”, and often my nightly “unconscious space” (I fall asleep with it left on).

We have, down in “Godzone country”, as I'm sure many reading this also have in theirs, a “resurgent” Christian evangelism, wherein the lost and downtrodden, the misunderstood and the socially impaired, are “oferd a noo salivation”, often from a brand-new pulpit, wearing what looks like a brand-new sartorial “offering”, unto the altar of what seems to me, more an attempt at “coherence” around their own person(ality).

A guy who uses phrases like “what ...is”, where the 'in-between' words are usually along the lines of “you need to know”, “you have to understand”, “s'important”, “its trying to tell you”, “this means”, etc. a lot, and who often quotes from “th'book”, liberally interspersing or interchanging their own words with those that can be so “quoted”.

We have our own self-appointed “new” prophet(eer) of the human condition. He often “goes off” on long semi-polemical rants, but sometimes something comes out that actually sounds a bit “deep” or philosophical, even a “wise” remark. And sometimes something slips out, perhaps a Freudian kind, and he is “obliged” to continue ranting in the direction of “explanation”, of what he is “really” saying.

But someone who uses words like “we” a lot, along with phrases like “will be appointed”, or “will rule”, or “will rise to the top”, and talks about how 'Jesus' was trying to set up “our rule” and a big church (with really big 'temples', or 'tabernacles'), and 'Pilate' who “slew him of the Jews”, neither of whom appear to have existed except in some tale (of a religious hero, whose mission was to “save” the whole world), and how “we” will be “in charge”, and goes on about how a 'king' is someone “more important even than a prime minister”, and last week the police carried out armed raids on some 'organisation' that apparently had caches of weapons and was planning some kind of insurrection, in an otherwise 'economically poor' area...

Otherwise the T.V. doesn't bother me that much.

Evangelists are a bunch of idiots?

TV can make you write strange stuff down and post it?

I was directing this at a certain public and very "Christian" figure who's quite well known here...

Of course it's got absolutely no point at all, just like all the drivel I heard this guy say this a.m.

But then this is a gen. topic thread...